The incumbent will manage all the operational and services functions, including IT, Administration and core banking operation functions in the country to the highest level of service and quality. The incumbent is also responsible for providing required business services and infrastructural support to its
- Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes for the Branch Operations department/ unit and monitor their achievement on periodic basis.
- Liaise with Group Operation Division on operational matters, as and when required.
- Manage the relationship with the respective user departments and country GM to understand business needs/ requirements, and propose / develop new/ improved processes to satisfy business requirements.
- Ensure / finalize Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with all departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time (TAT) which will also help increase external customer satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to Corporate/Retail Banking business units’ managers and, as appropriate, recommend course of action.
- Liaise with the Group’s internal/ external auditors and the Compliance function. In addition, provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- To assist customers in all their queries on Bank’s product and seek solution to their requests
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Manage all of the operational aspects of QNB’s presence in the given country.
- Ensure continuous system and quality enhancements by monitoring the respective activities and processes implemented and by keeping abreast of new methodologies and practices in order to improve the performance and ensure adherence to the turn-around times (TAT) mentioned in the SLAs and strive to better the same.
- Responsible for managing external vendors within the assigned departments.
- Review internal control and regulatory requirements and modify affected operations programs/reports accordingly.
- Establish maintain and enhance communications with the appropriate line areas; may act as operations customer link to facilitate the flow of information, to develop the necessary support systems, and to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Analyse and keeps abreast of changes in internal control and regulatory requirements and may develop programs to ensure compliance.
- Contribute to business reengineering and continue improvement initiatives as and when required.
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Minimum 15 years of relevant banking experience, preferably with at least 8 years in Operations banking at a managerial level within a highly rated international bank preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English; with Arabic, French or applicable local language highly desirable
- Deep rooted understanding of banking operations, pertinent to a branch environment in particular.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in local language, English and Arabic (preferred).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficient (MS Office and bank applications).
- Present a professional image and have sound judgment and patience.
- Well-developed strategic perspective and forward planning ability.
- Ability to manage the design, building and implementation of processes and systems.
- Knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements and best practices relating to branch operations.