Our client, one of the largest and leading Global Insurers, are currently looking for a seasoned and experienced Data Specialist who can help build the foundations around a new Data Management platform and office. This will involved working across multiple Business units and senior stakeholders to create an environment where data quality and BI is standardised and suitable based on the Organisation’s goals, even more important with an Organisational move to Cloud taking place.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with various senior IT & Business stakeholders to build a new data management platform including roadmap in line with Organisation’s goals.
- Be responsible to setup data management procedures and controls, as well as aid in the governance setup to make sure all is aligned.
- Develop and implement a Master Data Management plan including BI tools and 3rd party data.
- Setup and maintain Meta Data Management system, managing data lineage, data dictionaries and data documentation.
- Constantly work with various stakeholders of the Business including the CTO to identify 'critical data points' or gaps and ensure that all data elements are formally listed.
- Help create a Data Governance framework in line with the new Data Management platform.
- Continually look to take stakeholders on a ‘journey’ around data including the governance and best practice to ensure best use.
- Collaborate with various peers across the Business to deliver the data strategy and continually report on status.
- Define and monitor performance indicators for Data quality, Data Management and provide summary reports on an ongoing basis.
- Help support other Regional Data projects with relevant framework/platforms and tools.
Requirements of the role:
- 10+ years' experience in Data Management and Governance initiatives, working within Enterprise environments with complex data and IT systems infrastructure.
- Demonstrable experience implementing Data Management platforms, with a strong understanding of Data Governance.
- Cloud services, Database operations and Business Analytics/Intelligence experience ideally.
- Proven experience in delivering complex data management strategies.
- Knowledge of Data management functions covering Data quality and 3rd party data.
- Understanding of Data Architecture would be beneficial.
- Previous exposure to / knowledge of insurance, financial services industry will be an advantage
- Strong communicator with Fluent English a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or similar discipline.
If interested to know more, please send your CV to: email@example.com and put “data management” in the subject.