Head of Engineering
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 15 juil. 18 2018-07-15
Please refer to detailed JD
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
● Lead the engineering teams that develop and maintain our highly available, responsive and scalable products that meets all our business and customer needs
● Provide technical guidance and direction, as well as hands-on resource and project management for all software development activities
● Develop our technical strategy and architecture using modern distributed application software, tools and techniques
● Responsible for the overall system development life-cycle, and the delivery of high-quality software, using TDD, DDD to deliver maintainable code which is fully integrated into a Continuous Integration & Delivery cycle
● Design our technology applications holistically and continuously improve our technical efficiency and make changes as necessary
● Communicate technology strategy, architecture, and regular status reporting
● Coaching, mentoring, and developing our high performing engineers
● Play a leading role in interviewing and supporting hiring new engineers
Our Ideal Candidate
● Proven experience in a similar leadership role
● Experience in delivering successful modern distributed applications
● Deep knowledge of current technological trends, frontend, backend, data, cloud native applications
● Hands-on development in all our technology choices
● Knowledge of system design and development of web, mobile, backend, database, integration, machine learning, cloud, containers and CI/CD pipelines
● Experienced in delivering successful agile projects
● Ability to conduct technological analyses and research, code-reviews, guidance
● Ability to communicate with all teams on technology
● Graduate Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar
● Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.