Head of Governance and Oversight Compliance
Job Description Head of Governance and Oversight Compliance
Our client is an expanding international banking group providing services in Corporate Banking, Private Banking, Transaction Banking and Wholesale Banking in Asia. Due to their continuous investments in improving their Compliance functions in the region, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced compliance professional to head up the compliance governance team based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Financial Crime Compliance, you will be the appointed head of governance and oversight and have great responsibilities to manage a sizeable compliance team. You will provide sounded and in-depth risk and compliance advisory on regulatory policies and governance control aspect. This role is essential, as key gate for governance and policies and risk control as well as reporting, you will develop and implement best in practice standards and procedures to govern the execution of oversight and reporting for the organization.
In addition, you will support Head of FCC to implement of the financial crime compliance governance structure and reporting operation modal, you will also develop and maintain a capability to provide the senior management with insightful analysis and prioritization of relevant information. As a senior member of firm, you will ensure that FCC risk steward reports for the Head of FCC to present at relevant Governance Committees provide an accurate and balanced view of the effectiveness of the FCC control framework. You will oversee the enterprise aspect risk assessment in country and assist in delivering the report to time and quality. To qualify, individuals must possess
- Relevant university degree. Relevant post university degree or professional certification preferred
- Minimum 10+ years experience in Compliance, Risk management, Legal or Regulatory function gained from the banking sector with significant AML/CTF advisory roles
- Solid and broad knowledge of Banking business across Corporate Banking, Transaction Banking, Wholesale Banking, Global Markets
- Extensive knowledge of AML, CTF, AB&C and sanctions, and application to relevant lines of business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple issues and priorities and demonstrated judgment and poise in challenging circumstances.
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English and Cantonese MUST, Mandarin beneficial
To apply, please contact Jennifer Yang for a confidential discussion at (852) 3708 9510 or email email@example.com quoting job reference number JY 34010 . To visit more Legal, Compliance and Risk management jobs please check www.staranise.com.hk
Data collected will be for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 5 business days of your application, please assume your application has not been shortlisted.