The Head of Compliance & Legal role is for a Chinese Asset Management firm with a strong backing from their parent company (Global 500). The candidate will take charge in the company's compliance, legal and internal control and be responsible for liaison work with regulators and external parties. Management experience is necessary.
- In-charge of the company’s compliance, legal and internal control and responsible for the licensing matters for the company and registered individuals, maintenance and reporting with SFC, CPT monitoring, ensure proper licensing with local regulators. Manage a team of two people, liaise with external lawyers, trustee, custodian and investors in the legal and regulatory aspect
- Company Secretary: Responsible for arranging Board meetings with directors and all the Company Registry matters.
- Develop and periodically review product design (a SFC authorized fund, private funds and mandate accounts) and product risk exposure, which closely ensure it is complied with regulations in China and Hong Kong. Liaise with external lawyer on set up of product structure and evaluate tax exposure.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business compliance model and compliance control and corporate governance structure.
- Responsible for setting up, monitoring of internal and clients’ investment guideline in AIMS in Bloomberg and ensure the investment guideline monitoring process run efficiently in the company.
- Maintain and enhance the existing compliance policy, compliance risk assessment program and procedures.
- Perform detailed test work, review operation policies, partner with colleagues, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls in accordance with department and professional standards and will require the presentation of root cause issues to heads of departments and Audit Committee.
- Perform monitoring of trade surveillance, interest disclosure requirement, Material Non Public Information, Chinese Wall, Window Dressing, Portfolio Pumping, marketing materials for fund distribution, research reports, portfolio management on non-pro-rated transaction, justify operation and financial related data to recognize patterns and trends with risk and control implications.
- Perform KYC and Due Diligence questionnaire procedures which comply with the AML policy
- Design and implement the testing programmes which involve effective risk assessment and design of a prioritized risk coverage approach. Be responsible for specific businesses and for executing the corresponding testing plan, for senior client relationships and for monitoring and influencing ongoing business projects (such as Mutual Fund Recognition) throughout the year.
- Monitor the compliance and operational risks in relations to the business and portfolios.
- Liaise various departments regarding the internal control systems to achieve the designed objectives. Track management’s corrective actions in response to control findings.