Head of Mortgage Business Service, Asia Pacific and Hong Kong - Global Service Delivery
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 02 nov. 17 2017-11-02
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Mortgage Business Service, Asia Pacific and Hong Kong.
In this role, you will
- To lead the Regional Asia Pacific and Country Hong Kong Mortgages Business Services to deliver an agreed set of business objectives
- To be part of the regional and global Mortgages Business Services teams and to participate in the development of those functional teams
- Ensure the team deliver in line with demand statements
- Is accountable for the implementation of global and regional strategy and initiatives
- Implement global and regional best practice in accordance with the Business Services Operating Model, seeking dispensation for any country variance
- Influence the regional agenda by identifying and sharing best practice
- Accountable to the Global Businesses for the service provided
- Represent the Business Service in meetings and review performance and identify common issues with the Business
- Manages resources across the region and country to ensure performance levels continually meet agreed quality standards
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve service quality
- Establish proactive partnerships with key stakeholders within region and country, including first and second Line of Defense functions and Third Party Suppliers
- Where applicable, responsible for understanding the full HSBC and Vendor obligations set out within the contracts for the outsourced services by third party vendors and ensuring these are being met. Manage the relationship with the vendors and be accountable for Vendor performance on a day to day basis
- Establishes the goals and performance objectives for the Business Services team and manages their performance
- Responsible for the overall development plans of the region and country business services team and the coaching and development of individual team members
- To recruit team members within agreed headcount plan
- Accountable for the effective cascade of communication within the region and country
- Implementing the Global Operations strategy, including outsourcing and location strategies, metrics, minimum standards, skill requirements and operational model for the Business Service
- Manage region and country resources to ensure performance levels and business service targets continually meet agreed standards
- Accountable for meeting operational risk targets for the region and country by implementing audit points and continually adhering to Global Standards
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards including the timely implementation of Group Audit recommendations
- Resolve or escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Accountable for setting the Tone at the Top which underpins the principles of a positive and effective internal control environment
- Embeds appropriate risk management disciplines within region and country ensuring that mitigating plans are developed and actioned for identified risks
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Extensive experience in Operations, Risk and Business Management demonstrating a proven track record of delivery in each area, particularly in risk and service quality
- Experience of managing and driving change programmes and projects
- Knowledge of Mortgages products and its associated risks, regulatory requirements and key market practice
- Experience of managing outsourced services is a plus.
- Excellent planning, organizing and financial and budget management capability
- Ability to define performance objective and goals, and also guide and drive the achievement
- Strong relationship management and able to work effectively with all levels of management and staff in a matrix environment
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Risk and Issues Management
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009ZQ1
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited