Head of Portfolio Management, APAC
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Position based in Hong Kong covering the Asia Pacific territories with three main objectives/areas :
EX- ANTE: Manage Origination Advisory Activity, VCC Process and Seconday Loan Sale Process
• Ensure discipline at origination with the necessary profitability metrics on value destructive lending transactions through the screening process called Value Creation Committee [VCC].
• PM APAC is expected to lead training and awareness to Coverage teams on any evolution of the process at origination stakeholders and change in methodology/policies.
• Provide technical support to Coverage / deal teams on the RAROC tool, liquidity costs to assess lending transaction during the VCC process in liaison with the relevant regional stakeholders: Corporate ALM, Territory Management and CTCM mainly.
• Run the Secondary Loan Sales process for performing loans to assess the economic impact and feasibility in consultation with Loan Sales and Syndicate [LSS] before submission to APAC CEO.
EX- POST MONITORING : in liaison with CIB APAC Performance Management, GCS, LSS, ALM mainly:
• Maintain existing governance of various management reportings
• Analysis of revenue and volumes of CIB APAC Loan Book
• Profitability report at client portfolio level
PM APAC's DOCUMENT and PROCEDURES HOUSE KEEPING:
• Maintain a high level of diligence to ensure that the relevant documents/procedures are in place and up-to-date.
Regional senior management / Coverage teams, including Credit teams / CIB APAC Business Lines / ALM-Treasury / GCS teams / Finance & Control /Counterparts in Head Office
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Maintain discipline at Origination of lending transactions and focal point of centrally managed VCC process as well as Loan Sale process.
• Advisor to coverage/ business lines on assessment of transaction metrics as well as close coordination with internal relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure timeliness of ex-ante and ex-post reporting to the senior management.
• Ensure business management of CIB APAC Loan Book.
• House Keeping of the internal documents
CORE COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills and Competencies:
• Strong analytical skills, with a good proficiency with numbers
• Proactive, initiative taker
• Credit experienced
• Ability to work under pressure
• Team leader
• Good interpersonal and communication/presentation skills: must be able to liaise with various interlocutors, with different backgrounds (Analyst RMs, Head of Country,…) in a clear, synthetic way
• Familiar with CIB business
• Experience in Regulatory Capital modeling / ALM - liquidity topics is a plus
Qualifications and Experience:
• University graduate, preferably majoring in Finance / Accounting or equivalent
• Minimum 7-10 years of working experience (such as in a Client facing unit or Business Management / prior exposure to loan / credit products)Proficient in written and spoken English