IFRS 17 Finance Manager, 2 Year Contract - Global Finance
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as IFRS 17 Finance Manager, 2 Year Contract
. Principal responsibilities
- Act as Finance Subject Matter Expert in driving and supporting IFRS 17 implementation for Finance, including activities such as the identification of IFRS 17 implications across finance functions, technical implementation, disclosure assessment, reporting infrastructure design
- Work collaboratively with programme managers and other work package teams for example Actuarial team, understand the key interactions with other teams and support to deliver the optimal solution of end to end financial reporting process as well as financial control framework under IFRS 17
- Support Change Delivery teams in implementing all aspects of system performance and enhancements relating to Finance, by acting as finance representative in the wider IFRS 17 project teams, taking part in the production of business requirements and solutions, validating user acceptance test results
- Assist the Finance work package Lead to plan and manage the resource for the team to ensure adequate resourcing to support the projects, there could be resource requirements to support the Finance work packages as well as to support other work packages where Finance Subject Matter Expert knowledge is required
- Being flexible to support other insurance sites where required on the change activities for IFRS 17 implementation
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Expert knowledge of Life Insurance Finance processes with proven track record in Insurance Finance
- Expert knowledge and understanding of major systems components of the insurance business and the associated finance systems
- Proven record in managing in an international environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, and conflicting priorities
- Strong sense of risk management and controls
- Excellent project management skills, teamworking skills and resource planning skills
- Strong change management skills, with mindset of continuous improvement and aiming for excellence
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.