IT & Communication Services Analyst for Chinese A-Shares
As an active, pure bottom-up equity manager, we invest in attractively valued companies globally that are leading both in terms of their profitability (ROIC) as well as their competitive position. We invest both in Global Emerging as well as Global Developed Markets with Emerging Markets being the main focus given the team's track record and the numerous awards it won for its Emerging Market capabilities. We are long term oriented and have a strong focus on large cap companies. The investment team is strongly process driven, thereby constructing and managing style-consistent portfolios that blend both value and quality styles. All our portfolios are ESG-compliant.
The investment team looks to add a senior, fundamentally focused
Chinese A-Shares analyst
to cover mostly domestic IT and Communication Services companies
Your opportunity The Analyst will have the following responsibilities
- Generating investment ideas driven by a strict, value-driven, fundamental bottom-up investment process focused on free cash flow, not earnings. The focus will be mostly on large caps.
- Working closely with PMs and other senior buy-side analysts to develop investment ideas
- Presenting high conviction and timely investment to the PMs, who are based overseas
- Performing fundamental analysis which includes the understanding of the key drivers of companies, sector dynamics and supply/demand situations and trends in close collaboration with the sell side
This role has the following requirements
- Building financial models, generating proprietary forecasts and valuing companies under different scenarios and assumptions with a strong focus on understanding downside risks
- We are looking for senior analysts, who currently cover A-share companies
- The analyst must be willing to follow a strict investment process which is built on ROIC whereby it is critical that the analyst understands the impact of a company's capital allocation decision on its incremental return on invested capital
- The analyst must demonstrate superior company knowledge and a good understanding of the business models as well as the capital allocation opportunities the companies enjoy in various end-markets, allowing her/him to step outside of the consensus comfort-zone and to generate out-of-consensus forecasts and recommendations
- The candidate is a stock picker and must feel comfortable to make few, high-conviction recommendations that have big impact on the performance of highly concentrated portfolios
- The candidate must have strong modeling and valuation skills and take a value-driven, cash flow-focused, bottom-up fundamental approach to investing
- The analyst must demonstrate a good understanding of key ESG issues and risks and incorporate ESG factors in his/her analytical work based on the team's ESG frameworks
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics
- The candidate must be able to maintain coverage and follow the development of existing investments while working timely on new investment ideas
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant fundamental research analysis with a top institution on the buy-side or sell-side
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, versatility and self-motivation
- Committed and disciplined with strong working ethics
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understand the needs of portfolio managers and the different roles portfolio managers and research analysts perform in an investment team, career analysts are preferred
- Strong academic background
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
Perry Tucker is looking forward to receive and review your application.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .