Instinet - Vice President - Business Analyst / Product Strategist - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 06 nov. 17 2017-11-06
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
As the agency-model execution services arm of the Nomura Group, Instinet Incorporated subsidiaries provide brokerage services to clients in over 65 markets around the world. Through its advanced suite of electronic trading strategies, experienced high-touch trading group, top-ranked Commission Management services, award-winning desktop trading platform, and unparalleled access to insightful analytics, content and unique liquidity, Instinet helps institutions lower overall trading costs and ultimately improve investment performance. For more information, please visit www.instinet.com.
The Instinet Product Strategy group is responsible for managing the strategic roadmap of investment in our suite of electronic trading products & solutions. To some extent, they are also tasked with assisting in the streamlining and improving of the development process – from the initial requirements gathering, filtering, and clarifying, through the stages of development to stabilization and release to production. Product Strategy also collaborates with the Project Management team to plan/schedule releases and often interacts with multiple groups and stakeholders in order to deliver the final product.
The Product Strategist serves as a key member of the Product Strategy group, interfacing between groups working together on product requirements, design, development, testing and overall quality management. The Product Strategist will also investigate the application of new technologies, track industry trends and assist project manager in ensuring that communication and planning occurs across development platforms. The Product Strategist works closely with the development and quality assurance teams to ensure that products & solutions that are delivered meet specifications and quality goals.
The Product Strategist:
- Gathers, filters, and clarifies business requirements for the development teams
- Works closely with the project manager to resolve project issues and help manage the progress of projects
- Takes ownership of various products within the Instinet product suite and works to maintain, enhance and promote those products internally and externally
- Collaborates with multiple development teams to ensure that cross functional requirements are satisfied
- Works with QA to help develop test plans and assist with UAT testing
- Assists support teams with technical questions from clients
- Assists in maintaining the issue-tracking database.
- Works closely with coverage and other stakeholders to specify and deliver project requirements
- At least a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject and at least 5 years of experience in a related field
- Must have a detail-oriented disposition and clear, concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of electronic trading systems front to back
- Emphasis on experience with equity trading EMS GUI functionality
- Must have experience writing business requirements, including use cases, test cases, workflow diagrams, etc
- Must have a basic understanding of the technologies used in software development
- Must have strong organizational skills and focus on project completion.
- Experience working with Front Office Trading environment, customers and other requirement stakeholders
- Experience working directly in the software development process is an asset
- Experience working with compliance and legal, particularly for equities
- Basic understanding of the FIX protocol preferred
- Must be capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Must have strong grammatical and technical writing abilities
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation