Internal Audit - Risk and Finance Audit Manager, Asia Pacific
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 août 18 2018-08-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities trading, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Within Morgan Stanley, Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the Firm’s franchise.
The Asia Internal Audit Department is responsible for audits across all Morgan Stanley businesses in the region. The audits are designed to assess the adequacy of the control environment and to provide the Board Audit Committee and relevant regional committees with an independent assessment of risk across the Firm.
Morgan Stanley is currently seeking a Risk audit professional for its Hong Kong-based audit team covering Risk, Treasury and Finance for Asia. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit Department’s Risk and Finance audit team in performing risk assessment, monitoring and planning; executing audits; communicating to senior management and the Board Audit Committee those areas requiring control enhancements; and providing recommendations for improvements.
The person in the role will be required to provide risk expertise, with a focus on market, credit, capital, liquidity, or operational risk. Audited functions include all aspects of the Firm’s risk as well as Treasury/ Finance processes in Asia, but not limited to:
• Adequacy of, and adherence to, Risk/ Treasury/Finance policies and procedures;
• Accuracy of internal models;
• Quality of market, credit and operational risk data;
• On-going monitoring of risk exposures, regulatory calculations; and
• Effectiveness of the control environment supporting other aspects of the Institutional Securities business.
Based in Hong Kong and reporting to the Asia Pacific Risk and Finance Audit Coverage Manager, this role is responsible for performing risk assessments and assisting in planning, executing and reporting on integrated financial and technology audits with involvement in the following areas:
• Perform ongoing risk assessment, monitoring and planning through interacting with our key stakeholders.
• Plan and perform Risk, Treasury and Finance audits across Asia.
• Communicate effectively with management and staff at all levels, both locally and overseas.
• Co-ordinate with auditors within the team and around the globe on multi-region audits to ensure timely and effective completion.
• Discuss and finalize audit findings with auditees.
• Draft concise audit issues and reports.
• Verify the closure of audit issues and actions.
• Be consistent in applying strong internal audit methodology standards.
• University degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. Mathematics, Physics or Engineering) or business discipline (e.g. Finance, Treasury or Accounting) will be an advantage
• Higher quantitative degree or professional qualifications (e.g. FRM, CFA, CPA/ CA) will be an advantage.
• Understanding of Risk Management and Treasury processes, gained either as a risk practitioner in a major bank or financial institution, or as an internal or external auditor of a major bank or financial institution.
• Excellent communication skill in English is essential.
• Communication skills in Chinese or Korean will be an advantage.
• Have a good understanding of capital markets, sales and trading processes and internal controls.
• Understanding of the regulatory landscape across Asia Pacific impacting the Risk Management function.
• Strong analytical skills.
• A team player with ability to work independently.
• Thorough in work, attention to detail and uncompromised in quality.
• Most importantly - integrity, self-motivated, eager to learn, courage to withstand push-back and a good sense of professional skepticism.