Our client member is an international investment management firm based in Hong Kong. They manage long-term capital for highly sophisticated professional investors and clients globally. They focus on deep-dive, bottom-up fundamental research. They invest globally and across sectors but have a particularly strong emphasis on the technology, consumer, and internet sectors.
- Supporting the CIO using own bottom up fundamental analysis process to create alpha;
- Regular report writing to present investment thesis and explain rationale behind target prices;
- Creating and managing fundamental equity long / short strategies.
- 3+ years in equity research and portfolio management experience in equity long / short high with conviction in their trading strategies and high confidence in creating new strategies;
- Candidates could come from hedge fund, private equity, sell-side equity research or top tier consultancy. Alternatively strong domain knowledge in TMT or consumer sector;
- Degree level from a top-tier university & CFA qualified (ideally);
- Very capable and highly ambitious;
- Excellent accounting knowledge, the ability to analyse balance sheets and cash flow statements in addition to experience in equity research;
- Extremely confident, with excellent communication skill.