- Designs and codes applications, system interfaces and reporting systems
- Performs technical feasibility evaluation
- Performs effort estimation of work items
- Contributes to technical design documentation
- Collaborates with other team members to design and implements complex enhancement features
- Performs unit tests, system integration tests and coordinates user acceptance tests
- Conducts application performance tuning
- Adheres to coding standard and best practices established.
- Maintains and enhances existing applications
Key performance indicators
- Delivers code meeting acceptance criteria and within timeline
- Continuously to learn new skills and improves existing ones
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in application development preferably on Agile methodology
- Experience in developing cloud and microservices based enterprise low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Solid experience in front-end / server-side / Java Development.
- Degree holder in Computer Science or related disciplines.
Skills / competencies:
- Good analytical, problem solving and organizing skills
- Hands-on advance programming experience in: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, RESTful API, WebSocket, socket.io, AJAX, JSON and Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration and developing database applications (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool, such as Git
- Prior experience in Microservice solutions, AWS, DevOps, JUnit, JMeter, Jenkins, Docker, Kafka, and NoSQL solutions would be an added advantage
- Willing to learn, proactive and a good team player
- Good command in English