Java Developer - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Macquarie Group
- 18 oct. 17 2017-10-18
Java Developer - Hong Kong
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
The Commodities and Global Markets Front Office Development Team is looking for a Developer to join the Electronic Trading Technology team. This role is focused with the development on the high performance low latency networking based java platforms. The aim is to build a robust, scalable and low-latency technology platform that is rich in functionality to provide connectivity and algorithmic support for multiple stock exchanges and asset classes across the globe.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working on the application architecture and redesign of the existing applications and green field design of the next generation of connectivity and algorithmic OMS platforms.
- Development of new features and components for supporting the existing platform and further enhancements of same.
- Core development and enhancement of product
- Working with the team on the technical design and leading the technical initiatives development
- Coordinating with clients (both internal and external) on functional and technical front
- System design, unit, load, performance and integration testing, peer code reviews, design discussions and enhancements.
- DevOps, supporting your own platform.
Personnel Educational Requirements
- BTech/BS/BCA/MCA/ or an equivalent degree course in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Technology is minimum requirement.
- 5-8 years' experience in Core Java server development, Networking Applications using Java and/or GUI side development using jQuery, Spring and other web frameworks
- Experience in FIX (Financial Information exchange) protocol is an added advantage.
- Good Understanding and expertise in database management systems like MySQL, SQLite, PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of C# is required, having some additional .net experience would be an added advantage
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented and Concurrency Design Patterns,
- Understanding of middleware technologies like RMI/TIBCO RV/JMS/Solace
- Good understanding of networking protocols like TCP/IP and UDP
- Development experience in any scripting language like Shell, Python, Groovy
- Experience with GIT source control, along with CI/Build tools like Bamboo, Maven, Gradle
- Through understanding of operating systems and low level networking architecture is required
- Experience in Scalable networking applications design is desirable.
- Experience in Core and Web based Java applications performance tuning
- Implementation and design knowledge of additional Exchange Connectivity protocols is desired
- Knowledge on Equities Cash/Derivatives Trading and markets, with some exposure to Order/Execution systems is required
- Experience and working knowledge in any FIX Engine development is an additional plus
- Experience with automated software testing tools
Advertised: 12 Oct 2017 China Standard Time