Lead Manager - APAC Business Management
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Business Strategy and Management Support
- APAC Distribution is an important part of the firm's global diversification aspirations and is experiencing rapid investment and growth
- This is a new role, which will have a significant and direct impact on the APAC Distribution strategy
- The purpose of the role is to provide market analysis, business strategy, management support, routines management and consultation to the APAC Distribution organization
- The candidate will directly support the General Manager, APAC on a variety of tasks and initiatives critical to the success of the region
- The associate will also work closely with a number of key functions and services, to ensure initiatives are well communicated, prioritised, to support the creation of high-quality business cases and ensuring deadlines are met
- The Business Management function is directly aligned to the priorities of the Head of Distribution for Asia Pacific
- The candidate will report directly to the General Manager, APAC
- Work closely with General Manager and Head of Global Distribution APAC, to define, communicate and achieve regional distribution objectives.
Governance, Routines oversight and execution
- Conducts research and analysis to support development of regional, market and channel growth strategies
- Creates financial models, analyses, and interprets business KPIs to inform planning and decision making
- Supports annual business planning activities (initiatives, budgeting, resource planning, technology prioritisation)
- Prepares presentations for internal and external stakeholders, presents change initiatives to senior leadership
- Supports internal communication strategy, including associate communications, pulse surveys, roundtables, and town-halls
- Supporting and facilitating the execution of the full range of routines across APAC Distribution.
BU Program/Project Management and Support
- Improves existing governance structures and be a central point of escalation for specialist functions
- Takes control of logistics for key leadership meetings, including agenda setting, minute taking and activity tracking
- Reviews, analyses and proposes improvements to support the operating effectiveness of the APAC Distribution business
- Participates in global, regional and functional initiatives related to enhancing governance and creating accountability. Takes accountability for improving the maturity of business capabilities owned by business management
- Monitors key distribution priorities, surfaces potential issues, designs & executes process improvements
- Leads/ supports projects and participates on various departmental and firm-wide project teams and initiatives.
- Supports the development of business cases and strategic initiatives on behalf of senior management
- Provides planning and project management support, including but not limited to project scoping; project feasibility; identifying capability gaps; working with stakeholders to remove barriers and holding project teams accountable
- Proven ability to lead and drive change projects that cross functions, markets, cultures, and time zones
- Identifies and defines project benefits with stakeholders, tracks, and reports KPIs throughout project life cycle
- Supports and executes a range of sales management routines across APAC Distribution with the objective of mapping and improving sales effectiveness in each market and sub distribution channel.
Shared Service Partner
- Collaboration with regional Sales & Marketing teams, Client Account Servicing, Distribution Enablement and Finance.
- Define and support the range of activities to enhance the maturity of key sales management capabilities
- Work closely with sales teams to enhance understanding and adoption of account management protocols, investment capacity process, opportunity management, client tiering & segmentation
- Ensure appropriate Sales Training, Reporting and Dashboards are in place for Sales Organization
- Document key processes, protocols, and governance routines into a sales management playbook
- Ensures effective partnership with Shared Services groups across the organization (e.g., Human Resources, Legal & Compliance, Business Continuity, CFO Group, Product, and Technology).
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Acts as the Distribution interface and escalation point for Shared Services groups across the BU
- Creates BU-wide perspective by consolidating multiple BU projects/programs and Shared Service initiatives into one overall narrative
- University degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years Business Management / Management Consultant / General Management experience
- Prior Asset Management experience with knowledge of Asset Management products, sales processes, and value-added services
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation, with the ability to facilitate group discussions and debate. Must have a strong awareness of cultural sensitivities across APAC markets
- Strong analytical and strategic acumen, ability to make strategic market assessments, interpret key business drivers and justify a future course of action
- Demonstrated ability to write detailed business plans and present an initiative to decision making bodies
- Experience in leading end to end strategy efforts including scoping, initiating, executing, tracking, and communicating progress of business initiatives and strategies to senior management
- Strong relationship management skills, be able to build, maintain and influence relationships across the enterprise
- Self Starter with excellent attention to detail and high levels of personal and professional integrity
- Team player, possessing a strong drive to add value to the business direction and build a business from the ground up
- Resilient and flexible with proven ability to manage time and shifting priorities effectively while in a challenging operating environment, and under minimal guidance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word
- Fluency in Mandarin as a second language
- Previous exposure to APAC and US working cultures, including working across multiple time zones
- Sales Management experience including use of Salesforce (or similar CRM)
- Project management accreditation such as Prince II
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.