The Financial Services Development Council (“FSDC”) was established by the HKSAR Government in January 2013. The FSDC engages the financial services industry of Hong Kong and formulates proposals to promote the further development of the industry and map out the strategic direction for the development of Hong Kong as an international financial centre.
Manager (Policy Research) (Ref: M (PR))
- To conduct in-depth research in relation to economic and financial market situations, and human capital development through collecting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data;
- To prepare project plans, policy research papers, reports, speeches, presentation materials and briefing materials;
- To facilitate seamless cross-team collaboration so as to maximise the impact of FSDC’s research efforts;
- To work closely with internal and external parties on research projects, as well as the organisation of conferences and workshops;
- To implement human capital initiatives through collaboration with market practitioners, universities, and relevant industry bodies; and
- To support the Board of Directors, Committees and working groups on various policy issues and work initiatives of the FSDC.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Finance, Economics or related disciplines;
- Preferably with 6 years’ post-qualification experience in the financial services industry, with experiences in economic, policy, or financial market research;
- Proven report writing and analytical skills;
- A high degree of familiarity with databases, such as Bloomberg and CEIC, preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise as priorities change;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and analytical skills, with good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua); and
- Proficiency in computer knowledge and skills, including MS Office and Chinese word processing.
Terms of Appointment & Package
Appointment will be offered on 3 years fixed-term contract. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical insurance and MPF.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please send, in not more than four pages altogether, a letter of application quoting the corresponding job reference in the heading, and a curriculum vitae setting out the details of qualifications, previous work experience, current and expected salary by clicking Apply Now on or before 22 September 2019. Applicants not invited for an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call 2493 1313.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment related purposes. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after 6 months from the close of application.