Manager / Senior Associate - Ethics & Business Conduct - FCS - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
PwC - Globally
PwC helps organisations and individuals create the value they're looking for. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
PwC - China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan
PwC China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan work together on a collaborative basis, subject to local applicable laws. Collectively, we have around  partners and strength of around [20,000] people.
Providing organisations with the advice they need, wherever they may be located. Our highly qualified, experienced professionals listen to different points of view to help organisations solve their business issues and identify and maximise the opportunities they seek. Our industry specialisation allows us to help co-create solutions with our clients for their sector of interest.
We are located in these cities: Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Chongqing, Chungli, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Hsinchu, Kaohsiung, Macau, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Taichung, Tainan, Tianjin, Xiamen and Xi'an.
The PwC Ethics team advances and fosters integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC Professional throughout our organization.
The Ethics & Business Conduct Manager's responsibilities include:
- Manage Ethics Helpline, provide guidance on ethical and business conduct matters including conducting investigations
- Manage PwC's Code of Conduct policies including policy and process development and improvement / currency of content
- Collaborate on ethics communications and training
- Conduct internal investigations and related processes, including investigating alleged violations of law, regulation and policy
- Investigation report writing, and trend analysis (analyzing data and preparing reports);
- Ethics, code-of-conduct, compliance and related topics and policies from an Ethics & Compliance or related perspective
- Work with other internal functions including internal lawyers and Human Capital business partners on investigations
- Manage regional meetings to ensure collaboration and knowledge sharing across ethics teams
- Responsible for managing any continuous improvement initiatives are designed and implemented successfully for ethics and business conduct matters across PwC China and Hong Kong.
Reporting structure & key relationships
- Reports to Business Conduct Leaders and Senior Managers based in China and Hong Kong
- Degree background in Business Administration, HR or Law
- At least 4 years of work experience, preferably in HR, Ethics or Legal
- Investigation skills
- Ability to analyse policy requirements and provide clear guidance on policy inquiries, but also during investigations, and generally, through periodic training and communications.
- Written and verbal communication skills, preferable involving (1) receiving and investigating complaints; (2) having sensitive and confidential conversations; (3) providing policy guidance; (4) policy maintenance and development; (5) ethics communications and training; and (6) trend analysis.
- Ability to analyse situations independently and objectively and provide succinct, fact based recommendations on ethical matters.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of independence and accountability in the receipt and investigation of complaints and while guiding and collaborating with internal leaders, staff, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders in an internal investigations process, seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation.
- Ability to collaborate with leadership and stakeholders on maintaining and enhancing our ethical culture.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Strong communication, writing skills and attention to detail.
In addition, successful candidates should illustrate the following personal attributes:
- Demonstrate courage, passion and integrity
- Strong logical thinking and attention to detail
- Communicate with impact and empathy
- Able to navigate through complex problems, logically and pragmatically and evaluate situations independently
- Actively shares ideas and knowledge
- Lead and contribute to team success
- Able to build and sustain trusting relationships with people from different backgrounds and geographical locations
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required Skills Optional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date