Market Risk, Equity Risk Management, Associate/ Vice President (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The Market Risk Department (MRD) in Hong Kong provides independent oversight of the Firm’s trading activities, serving as a second line of defense. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversight and monitoring of the Firm’s overall trading businesses, risk limit setting, risk assessment and stress loss analysis, and management and regulatory reporting.
We are looking for an experienced professional at the VP/Senior Associate level with previous experience in Equity risk management or trading, reporting to the local team lead. Candidates should have the ability and desire to learn new asset classes as well as the team requires close collaboration amongst product specialists. The role is within a small team covering market risk for Asia ex-Japan based in Hong Kong. The risk manager will work closely with senior risk managers and other groups to support decision-making.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Identifying, assessing and monitoring risks related to the Firm’s trading activities across all business areas, with focus on equity related products.
• Working with front office on new transactions, which include but not limited to, deal approvals, risk analysis, limit setting, and providing risk transparency.
• Maintaining active dialogue with trading desks, risk management colleagues, and other support groups regarding trading and hedging strategies, risk representation, and limit compliance.
• Conduct various risks analyses, create presentation for senior management and present to senior management/front office.
• Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background, including, but not limited to, a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, sciences or engineering. Higher degrees or other qualifications would also be looked at favorably.
• At least 4 years of experience covering risk management in a leading global financial institution.
• In-depth knowledge of equity products with preference for candidates with broader experience.
• Quantitatively oriented with strong intuition and ability to make sound decisions.
• Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team as well as independently.
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
• Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel is required; VBA or other programming skills as well as a working knowledge of databases and SQL is advantageous.