My client is an international investment bank, they are looking for a market risk VP to join their credit trading market risk team.
- Market risk management is looking to hire a Market Risk Manager (Vice President) to participate in covering Hong Kong based business in Credit Trading. The risk manager will also be responsible for overseeing day to day market risk management governance processes and covering any relevant regulatory or legal entities oversight. The successful candidate will gain experience across all aspects of credit trading business from flow bond/CDS trading to structured credit products, flow and structured financing business to debt capital markets and lending related practices.
- Daily review of key market news and positions taken and key changes
- Devise risk control framework suitable for Front Office strategy and product range to ensure risk taking is aligned with the firm's risk appetite and policies.
- Liaise regularly with Front Office trading and structuring in the implementation of risk controls and ensure that issues identified (limit breach, incomplete or inadequate risk monitoring, system problems) are addressed in timely manner.
- Produce regular risk report and limits reports timely to trading, senior management and regulatory stakeholders
- Conduct scenario analysis and review portfolio concentrations and implement necessary risk control frameworks.
- Ensure VAR and capital components are reviewed and signed off daily.
- Review of stress test scenarios, results and analysis of key drivers
- Review new product and transactions from a market risk point of view and provide opinion to management.
- Review any market risk regulatory reporting and stress testing submitted to regulators
- Work with stakeholders on firm wide risk projects e.g. FRTB and VAR system development in terms of design and testing.
- Work closely and manage relationships with groups outside of Market Risk, such as Credit Risk, Research, Quantitative Research, Finance, Middle Office, Market Risk Technology, Regulatory, and Internal Audit.
- At least 6-7 years' experience in market risk or related function
- Bachelor or Post graduate degree in a quantitative field or accountancy preferred
- Good understanding of Credit and Fixed income products
- Knowledgeable about developed and Asian emerging markets in general
- Good understanding of market risk processes (e.g. VAR, limits, stress testing)
- Proficiency in Excel, VBA or other programming languages
- Chinese language skills are beneficial
- Ability to work autonomously and willingness to get involved and take responsibility for area covered
- Strong analytical, communication and independent problem solving skills and able to deliver under tight deadlines
- Energetic, independent with aptitude to learn and improve processes.
- Strong team player who can interact and work well with front office, senior risk managers and other control functions
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Rosanne Wong at Robert Walters on +852 2161 9431 or Rosanne.email@example.com quoting the Job Reference RWC/935330.