Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners (AIP), Asia Private Markets, Investment Analyst, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 nov. 17 2017-11-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
I. MORGAN STANLEY INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (MSIM)
Morgan Stanley strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations, and individuals worldwide.
II. MORGAN STANLEY ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT PARTNERS (AIP)
Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners (AIP), part of Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), is a leading global alternatives manager with an extensive and strong track record, a global investment scope, and assets under management of over $35 billion.
The AIP Private Markets team builds and manages portfolios consisting of primary funds, co-investments, and secondary purchases of limited partnership interests. AIP’s investment expertise and activities cover the full spectrum of private equity, including venture capital, growth equity, buyouts, distressed and other special situations. As of September 30, 2017, AIP managed total private equity assets of $10 billion.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, the Asian AIP team is currently seeking a high-performing 1st or 2nd year Investment Analyst to support the investment process.
With direct access to senior and experienced professionals within AIP, this 1st or 2nd year Investment Analyst will gain diversified cross-sector exposure across the Asian region and will have these functional responsibilities:
- Work closely with experienced AIP professionals including Principals and Portfolio Managers on deal teams to identify and evaluate investment opportunities across Asia
- Conduct rigorous business and market analysis, asset valuation assessment, modeling and development of financial projections
- Collaborate with the team to support the investment process ranging from quantitative and qualitative research, analysis and portfolio monitoring
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL-SETS:
- A university degree in Finance or related disciplines with excellent academic results
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in transactions or deals, ideally from Investment Banking, Equity Research, Private Equity or Management Consulting. Candidates with more experience will not be considered
- Excellent bilingual communication skills in English and either Mandarin Chinese, Korean or Japanese; with the ability to read, write and speak necessary
- Technically sound with practical and advanced MS Excel and financial model skills; shortlisted candidates will be invited to go through a financial modeling test
- Willingness to travel frequently across Asia and with occasional trips to other regions
- Keen interest in investing and in the global macroeconomic environment
- Capability to identify and capitalize on investment opportunities
- Team player with initiative, resilience and drive to succeed in a small team-setting
- An analytical mindset with quantitative and research aptitude