PWM Asia Ops, Change The Bank, Business Analyst/ Project Manager
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Overview of the PWM Asia Operations Change The Bank (CTB):
PWM Asia Operations Change The Bank (CTB) is an operations-based project management and business analysis team that works with Operations, Technology, Branch Administration and the Business to deliver tactical and strategic technology and process changes in support of the Private Wealth Management business in Asia. The general focus for CTB is Operations; however the scope of the team's work covers the full trade lifecycle across Sales, Trading, Risk Management, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Finance divisions; project priorities include retiring ageing platforms, fuelling business growth, delivering efficiency solutions and meeting the demands of regulatory changes.
Overview of the Role:
This individual will be responsible for managing and executing projects for PWM Asia Operations, including detailed business analysis; it will offer the candidate opportunities to lead and direct components of the PWM Operations change agenda in partnership with the Business Unit and other key stakeholder groups. The candidate should have proven experience in project management with solid business analysis skills and should be adept at forming and leveraging effective networks with project partners and across the Firm. Knowledge of the wealth management sector is an advantage
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and direct projects and initiatives for PWM Operations and in support of the PWM Business Unit, tracking progress throughout the project lifecycle, escalating issues and ensuring effective delivery to time and budget
· Lead the appropriate governance and working group forums to facilitate project progress and ensure all components remain on track
· Conduct detailed business analysis and problem solving in support of projects to maintain progress and guide others
· Participate and represent PWM Ops CTB in governance forums to ensure project statuses and PWM Operations issues are clearly articulated
· Manage stakeholder communication throughout the project lifecycle to ensure all invested parties are apprised of progress and issues are resolved in a timely manner
· Ensure maintenance of all supporting documentation with comprehensive traceability and audit materials including plans, issues logs, requirements documents, test plans and scripts and implementation strategies
· Provide support and direction to the rest of the PWM Ops CTB team including people management
· Work closely with Technology partners to design, develop and implement technology platforms to deliver solutions to meet business requirements
The candidate must have 5+ years of business analysis and project or programme management experience. He/she must have ability to develop strong relationships with various teams across the firm and excellent communications skills to achieve desired results. Project experience in wealth management business and/or Operations is an advantage.
Functional: strong project management and business analysis skills are required: he/she must be able to plan and execute projects, prioritise and successfully execute and ensure that the solution meets the needs of the PWM Asia business. An understanding of the wider context is necessary to ensure that appropriate solutions are generated which consider protection of the Firm's franchise in the future. These skills should be coupled with a creative, flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving. A track record of project delivery and prior experience of stakeholder management is required.
Interpersonal: the individual will be required to influence and build strong relationships with project team members across geographical and functional boundaries, the ability to build strong networks and effective working relationships will be essential. This person will be required to liaise with colleagues at all levels in a structured manner. They will need to communicate requirements to Technology and project partners as well as negotiate the balance between delivery of business requirements and achieving deadlines and targets.
Management and leadership: The candidate will be expected to show an appropriate level of independence while operating within a management structure and take appropriate responsibilities for others? work. Some management of direct reports or contingent workers could also be involved.
Professional: this role requires an individual who has strong communication and organisation skills. The candidate will also require strong motivation, be able work independently when necessary and approach problems with a positive outlook and desire to find solutions. The role requires clear agenda setting, preparation and planning for meetings and tasks and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Business knowledge - A good understanding of financial products across asset classes is required, with a preference for prior knowledge of the Wealth Management business and/or a background in Operations.