The incumbent will assist in developing strategic business initiatives and maintaining existing application systems. S/he will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and implementing computer programs.
- Responsible for development of strategic business initiatives as well as maintenance of existing application systems
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and implementing computer programs
- Produce necessary documentation whenever applicable
- Analyse and define user requirements
- Design and develop systems specifications
- On call for emergency production incidents and provide fire fighting support
- University education with over 10 years’ mission-critical system development experience preferably in the financial sector for Architect (Application Development); over 5 years’ experience for Senior Specialist (Application Development); over 3 years’ experience for Specialist I (Application Development)
- Proficient in PC application development, particularly in MS Visual Basic .NET, VBA, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Server, SQL and stored procedures.
- Strong schema design and DB2 DBA background are desirable for the roles related to database design
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative
- Good technical writing skill and prior working experience in banking sector is preferable
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese