Product Manager – Multi Asset Solutions
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 déc. 17 2017-12-18
Product Manager – Multi Asset Solutions
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
Our Multi Asset Solutions Group is looking for a Product Manager to join the team. This role will work as a liaison between investment management, distribution, marketing and other internal business partners. Franklin Templeton Multi Asset Solutions refers to the group that creates multi-asset and quantitative portfolios for both institutional and retail clients. In this capacity, the Product Manager is expected to serve as a product expert and product champion for a specific set of strategies within an asset class or investment platform. This includes acting as external proxy for portfolio managers. The position will interact with both investment management and distribution in an effort to promote and defend the product line, competitively position the product line, be actively involved in global distribution initiatives, institutional and retail client service, and often serve as first point of contact for their respective investment strategies. Product Managers represent their respective investment teams acting as a specialized source of product, competitor and market knowledge as an external/internal resource on the strategies in non-investment related activities.
Product Manager - Multi Asset Solutions
This role will be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Serve as the primary subject matter expert (SME) of the investment-related aspects of assigned investment strategies and products in lieu of the portfolio manager to sales, client service, consultant relations, marketing, other business partners and senior management. Represent investment team and serve as proxy PM in internal meetings with business partners
- Provides PM perspective (investment strategy positioning and performance context, voice, & messaging) to internal business partners and others responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audiences. Contributes content for thought leadership and white papers to be used with the most sophisticated client groups and then leveraged in most investment content firm-wide
- Educate internal audiences on investment strategies and products. Articulate investment philosophy, process, and performance and cross-platform storytelling to all external (potential and existing clients, consultants and third parties) and internal (sales, client service, marketing, and consultant relations) audiences
- Crafts dynamic content for RFP responses focused on difficult investment-related questions on behalf of investment team. Responds to market events (environmental impact) by providing written and verbal communication to be delivered directly and indirectly (through sales, client service, and consultant relations) to clients
- Serve as external proxy for portfolio manager (in-person meetings or conference calls with retail and institutional clients across all regions) for a specific set of investment strategies within an asset class or investment platform. May represent primary client communications across specific client segments. Provide education and training to external clients
- Support the gathering and retention of assets under management by working closely with sales and client service professionals. Actively seeks to drive business results by identifying opportunities to enhance/strengthen our marketing materials and messaging
- Analyses industry distribution and competitive trends to identify attractive, new product opportunities/enhancements and sales and service models to compete effectively in their assigned asset class or investment platform
- Provides research and analysis of all aspects of competitive products performance, competitive industry landscape (product and strategy, pre-finals prep), firm product performance, and peer performance
- Assist Senior Product Manager with pricing and product strategy. Supports the pricing framework for assigned strategy, routinely reviews pricing to ensure products' competitiveness while providing acceptable profit levels
- May provide new business support where required
- Execute new product ideas for assigned investment strategy
- Reviews all legal prospectuses and product marketing materials
- Identify and assess new product and business opportunities (customized separate accounts, sub-advised products and new funds)
- Some international travel required
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 5-10 years of financial services experience, preferably with a focus on investment management, consulting organization, pension fund, endowment or foundation, or sell-side experience
- Experience and specialized knowledge of Multi-Asset/Quantitative products
- Strong Asia Pacific distribution channel expertise and client segment knowledge. Understanding of and experience working within multiple countries preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of industry developments, market trends, products & techniques as well as investment and portfolio processes
- Knowledge of data sources for performance, flows, relevant competitive information is a plus (Morningstar, Lipper, Factset, Bloomberg, MPI, eVestment) a plus
- CFA (or working toward completion) preferred; MBA a plus
- Strong ability to work independently and autonomously for a remote management team
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, additional language skills preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills utilizing investment statistics and attention to detail
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.