A fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s fastest growing digital payments platforms. On the back of publicly announced Series A funding, my client has launched payment solutions in collaboration with VISA and is now looking to grow their product management team.
About the Company Culture:
Multicultural, digitally savvy with a focus on innovation
- Maintaining the team backlog
The Product Owner will have to maintain a list of stories (development tasks) with clear descriptions that are ready to be consumed by the development team. The Product Owner will keep the list prioritized based on business and or technical requirements, as well as our current roadmap.
- Sprint planning
The Product Owner along with the technical leads will prepare the list of stories to complete for the upcoming sprint, based on the current business priorities and team capacity
- Story elaboration
The Product Owner will collect requirements from the different stakeholders and write user stories for the new features in our internal and external applications. These user stories must be clear and detailed enough for the development team to use and build these new features.
- Story acceptance
The Product Owner will, during every sprint, verify that what the software developers build matches what is required by each user story, and give feedback if changes are required. This ensures that what our software developers build matches our business requirements and overall vision.
- Contribute to the company vision and roadmap
The Product Owner will not only collect requirements from the different stakeholders, they will also proactively propose solutions and new features that can increase revenue and improve client retention.
- Oversee development during sprints
During each sprint, the Product Owner will assist software developers in clarifying any business requirements with regards to new features being developed.
- Act as a liaison between the development team and various stakeholders
The Product Owner will be the main interface between the development team and the rest of the company, as well as clients.
- 6+ years of experience working as a product owner or business analyst, preferably in a bank/fintech environment
- Native English speaker (Cantonese and/or Mandarin a major plus)
- Strong experience in financial services (commercial banking, retail banking, credit cards, loans)
- Strong experience in digital, online only offering
- Experience working in an agile environment