A leading US securities firm is looking for a production support/Trading desk support to join their team, the candidate will be responsible to work closely with JP and SG team to support Asia market.
This role requires a high level of technical competency, as well as strong people skills and enthusiasm for working on a wide range of responsibilities within a collaborative team working environment. The role will work closely with our offices across the Asia region (HK/SG/JP) as well as other offices globally (US/UK). It will support Hong Kong office requests and our core customer base for our proprietary technologies on the Trading Desk. This multi-tasking role demands project coordination, practical technical skills, and outstanding communication with knowledge of Asian equities market.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support and enhancement to electronic trading including DMA and Algos.
- Support and liaise 3rd party FIX connectivity. FIX client onboarding include consultation, setup, test and onboarding.
- Daily system / service check , investigate and follow up any trade floor issues
- Escalate problems as needed to local or global team.
- Supporting cash equities, derivative, Bonds product. Primary support Asian equity markets also order routing to Europe/US.
- Manage New Feature validation across the region – Sales team / Customer focused
- Manage and maintain HKEX OG, operate a market rehearsal if required
- Manage applications upgrades and new functionality deployments
- Provide support for SQL and FIX Technologies for in house applications and client OMS integrations
- Provide support for in-house applications and client OMS integrations. Work with EMS/OMS vendors, issues and system integration
- Work with the Back office, Compliance and Risk team
- 3+ years of working experience in Financial Technology industry either at brokers, asset management or trading system vendors
- Hands on knowledge in Linux/Unix, SQL, Shell script, PowerShell, Python, windows batch, VBA.
- Relevant scripting and automation skills
- Front office application support experience
- Experience with FIX certification/connectivity/setup and troubleshoot
- Proven experience of success in high pressure / high demand environment
- Ability to have technical discussions with clients and vendors, client facing experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and technical writing
- Working in a transparent environment and comfort level providing appropriate status updates
- Gather and communicate clients requirements to other team members in other regional offices
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Fidessa, Bloomberg EMSX or other EMS/OMS system
- Experience in driving global and regional projects/initiatives
- Ability to put together project plans and coordinate projects