A US firm is looking to expand their Hong Kong team in hiring a Production Support Engineer to focus on the end user support, Windows System Administration and VMware. This internationally recognized firm aims to provide its customers with the state-of-the-art trading technology and worldwide electronic access.
You will provide 1 st and 2nd level End User Computing (EUC) support, application installations and support for all Regional employees. You will need to participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for all VMware & Windows problems.
Key Technical Skills & Competencies (Must Have)
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x and Horizon View 7.x environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows Server 2008 – 2016 operating systems.
- Enterprise knowledge of Active Directory / DHCP / DNS / Group Policy in a distributed environment.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Sub netting, Routing and SMTP concepts.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 Desktop Operating Systems.
- Design and implementation of Desktop / VDI Image & template management.
- Enterprise Knowledge of Windows Security Patch Management and application deployment process in physical and virtual environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware Horizon View, App Volumes and Thin App virtualization environment.
- Enterprise knowledge of Teradici management or Dell Wyse Management console.
- Enterprise knowledge of Dell / HP server hardware and data center monitoring tools such as Dell Open server
- Strong customer service and professional client facing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
Key Technical Skills & Competencies (Nice To Have)
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows and 3rd party Patch Management technologies (Shavlik, Manage Engine, etc.)
- Enterprise knowledge of MDM solutions (Airwatch, Good, Mobile Iron, etc.) is a plus
- Enterprise knowledge of cloud services such as AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages such as PowerShell is a plus.
- Experience with application packaging using Wise Admin Studio or Flexera Admin studio is a plus.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, please contact email@example.com for more information.