Project Manager, Finance
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
This role is under the Regulatory Reporting Project Team (one of the sub-teams under the APS team), and provides business analysis services of the regulatory reporting systems to APAC Finance users. Major activities include requirements analysis, documentation, system testing and post implementation support.
The Hong Kong based Accounting Project & Systems (APS) Team is responsible to manage the development and support of core the accounting system (Atlas2) for the APAC Finance & Control function within the investment banking arm of BNPP. Typical projects include system upgrade/new product implementation, testing of trade feeds from various upstream systems (trading and back office systems), implementing Atlas2/data warehouse components upgrades, maintaining reporting systems static settings.
- Regional Regulatory Reporting Project:
- To be involved in the roll out of the strategic regulatory platform to APAC, with a focus on Basel III are
- To drive the user requirements gathering process and the analysis accordingly
- Identify the project priority/ constraint for the project plan
- Act as a bridge between end user and IT / Vendor to facilitate the communications
- Prepare the system specification & documentation (e.g. function spec, user guide)
- Advise & strike for the process streamlining opportunities
- Ensure the system/data model is designed in long term sustainable perspective
- Perform/support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT)
- Provide transparency of the progress to the project stake holders and escalate when necessary
- System Enhancement & Production Support:
- Provide support to resolve production incident raised by end user
- Identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing technics
- Liaise with the related parties (e.g. IT, Operations, Front Office) to resolve the incident in a timely manner
- Team Management:
- Supervise team members by providing management insight and direction
- Ensure the team efficiency and cooperation to achieve optimal usage of all resources
- Perform appraisal of the team members, set objectives in line with direction given by management and company policies, compatible with skills/knowledge of the team members
- Participate in organizational change decision (hiring, team reorganization, mobility)
Specific Qualifications Required
- Solid backgrounds in Finance function with a good understanding of accounting terms, processes, instruments and transactions.
- Good understanding of general banking operations, applications and front to back framework
- Good level of comfort with technical tools for functional investigation (advanced excel / SQL query)
- Project management skills and strong interest for process reengineering
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, lateral thinker and result-oriented person with good problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Able to understand complex financial system architecture
- Self-initiative and details oriented
- With a minimum of 10 years' experience in Banking Industry
- Experiences in project management/ as project team member
- With team management experience
- Good knowledge of Accounting Systems (ERP systems like SAP, General Ledger Sourcing)
- Degree Holder in Accounting, Computing or any other related subjects
- CPA, CFA or other related professional certificates
- Experience with Basel III Liquidity Coverage Ratio
- Regulatory/ Financial reporting exposure (HKMA, MAS or other APAC regulators; Basel rules)
- Other Computer skills: MS Access/ Excel Macro/ programming language
- Available for business travel