Your team responsibilities
MSCI is looking for an Associate in Public Relations to join our quick thinking, tight-knit and resourceful Corporate Communications team, whose function is to build, promote and protect MSCI's reputation as a leading provider of investment decision support tools worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of Public Relations APAC, this is a unique and exciting role in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing global company. This role is ideal for someone seeking the opportunity to create real and direct impact within their organization, collaborate across teams and regions, and gain valuable experience across a range of communications disciplines and skills. What we will offer you:
Your key responsibilities
- At MSCI we are passionate about what we do, and we are inspired by our purpose - to power better investment decisions. You'll be part of an industry-leading network of creative, curious, and entrepreneurial pioneers. This is a space where you can challenge yourself, set new standards and perform beyond expectations for yourself, our clients, and our industry.
- Wherever you are located you will find transparent compensation schemes and employee benefits that can help ensure your financial security and health. While they vary by different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as an MSCI employee.
- Our flexible ways of working will allow you to maximize your potential, and we will empower you with the trust, accountability, and advanced technology to perform at your very best.
- You'll find a purposeful approach to wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our 'Here For You' Employee Assistance Program is available for our employees globally, providing confidential emotional support, financial and legal advice free of charge.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Supporting the execution of a high-impact public relations program for APAC, which aligns to and supports MSCI's business strategy in the region
- Maintaining strong and proactive working relationships with internal stakeholders to identify and develop impactful media stories
- Educating employees on MSCI's communications policy and facilitating media training for new spokespersons
- Working with the global Corporate Communications team in managing the reputation of MSCI on a day-to-day basis, guiding the business on any issues that could attract press interest
- Crafting creative and timely pitch angles based on MSCI's strategic priorities and research publications
- Writing and distributing announcements and reactive statements to targeted media
- Maintaining and building relationships with relevant financial media in APAC, with a focus on those in Hong Kong, mainland China and Singapore
- Responding to media inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Day-to-day management of MSCI's PR agency relationships to ensure activities align with MSCI's commercial strategy
- Supporting on reporting for PR activities, including tracking engagement across the business and making data-driven suggestions to improve our program
- Working with Digital Marketing and Internal Communications to amplify the reach of PR activities and coverage across owned social media and internal channels
How we'll support you
- Minimum five years' professional experience working in communications, PR agency or in-house corporate communications functions
- Sector experience in financial services, banking, asset management etc. is highly desirable
- Superior written and verbal communications skills across all media types
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to connect business objectives and communication strategies
- Self-starter with a keen eye for details and a collaborative can-do attitude
- Excellent project management and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and resourcefulness to establish rapport, credibility, and strong working relationships
- Team player able to collaborate across organizational boundaries, embrace changes and make improvements to working practices
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate work to improve future PR campaigns and coverage
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related fields.
About MSCI and our teams
- Our culture of high performance and innovation relies on our people sharing their knowledge and lifting each other up. You'll be surrounded by a collaborative, global network of talented colleagues who will support and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
- We believe new and challenging experiences drive personal growth and innovation. With the right challenges, encouragement, and development support you can shape your own career experience. Career paths are multi-directional, and we encourage and support internal mobility to help you identify new opportunities to progress and take control of your future.
- As a new joiner you'll be enrolled on our Global Orientation interactive learning experience to set you up for success.
- Our tailored learning opportunities will enable you to acquire the skills you need at your own pace, choosing between the courses and certifications best suited to you. Our Learning@MSCI platform coupled with access to LinkedIn Learning Pro will provide you with all the resources you need for to accelerate your professional growth.
- At MSCI we act in ways that encourage respect for all voices, ensuring that everyone can be themselves and feel like they are a part of the company. We are intentional about ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and supported with equal opportunities to succeed.
- We have eight MSCI Employee Resource Groups: All Abilities, Asian Support Network, Black Leadership Network, Climate Action Network, Hola! MSCI, Pride & Allies, Women in Tech, and Women's Leadership Forum.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data, and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
To learn about life at MSCI visit careers.msci.com , follow us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor or join our Talent Community . To all recruitment agencies
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location, or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected parental leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note on recruitment scams
We are aware of recruitment scams where fraudsters impersonating MSCI personnel may try and elicit personal information from job seekers. Read our full note on our careers site .