My client is a leading proprietary trading organization and a registered market maker in over 8,000 US exchange listed equities with offices in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong. As they continue to expand in Asia, they are looking for a senior developer with extensive python knowledge/experience to join their team, in Hong Kong. This team is primarily focused on reliability engineering, including driving automation, improving real-time monitoring, developing metrics to measure performance, and managing the release and deployment life-cycle. They are looking for talent that will help them continue to push the boundaries of what is achievable.
- Automation focused software development to build maintainable and scalable ultra-low latency systems including; A) Deploying new features and fixes to a rapidly evolving global multi-asset electronic trading business; B) Improving real time monitoring of a complex production trading system; refining incident and crisis management SLO’s and diagnosing and fixing issues with intraday transactions
- Conducting research to identify opportunities for efficiency using the latest cutting-edge computing, networking, and connectivity trends and developments to maintain their competitive advantage
- Ensuring adherence to consistent risk tolerances between rapid development/deployment versus reliability
- Designing and implementing the architecture and support of their proprietary trading environment, including system design consulting, platform management, capacity planning, network, colocation site, and connectivity to a multitude of vendors and exchange across three continents
- Working with software and infrastructure peers to define and improve both technical and operational best practices across both the hardware and network
- 4+ years programming experience using Python and Bash shell scripting and an aptitude for algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Demonstrated experience of the FIX protocol including troubleshooting of connectivity problems and order routing issues
- Experience supporting a distributed high frequency, low latency order management system
- Knowledge of network/connectivity and/or Linux server technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of either equities or options market
- Excellent opportunity to join a top-tier buy-side firm and work a high-calibre, international team
- Top-notch technology, stable platform, and great culture!
- Attractive buy-side bonuses
In short, this is a great chance to join a world class prop trading shop and work with exceptional people while having high business visibility and impact. The working hours are great, and the chance to put your thoughts and ideas into practice here are unparalleled. You can have a direct and meaningful impact on this organization’s technology strategies and direction, whilst working in a collaborative team with like-minded people.
If you would like to apply for this opening or discuss any other positions within banking and finance technology in Asia, please send an email to Saurabh.Mishra@bahpartners.com / +852 2850 4446.
For more roles, please visit our website: http://bahpartners.com/live-roles/