Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $564 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $167 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets, and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
Real Estate, Principal – Core+
- Work closely with the Acquisitions, Asset Management, Capital Markets, Finance and Institutional Client Solutions (“ICS”) teams on all aspects of the Core+ business in Asia
- Support the Acquisitions team on new investments and related funding needs
- Maintain liquidity analysis and other fund models, and assist with sizing and issuance of capital call notices
- Monitor asset management progress, including disposals and ESG initiatives, relating to Core+ assets
- Coordinate Core+ quarterly valuations with Asset Management and Finance teams and external valuation advisor
- Work with the Capital Markets team to optimize the fund financing structure
- In conjunction with the ICS team, manage various reporting processes and assist with marketing requests and materials
- Participate in due diligence sessions and fund update calls for LPs, as appropriate
- Work with Asset Management, Finance and ICS teams to implement and improve procedures for tracking operating and financial data
- 5+ years of relevant work experience required
- A willingness to work across multiple functional areas in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and financial skills, including a solid understanding of Excel
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, strong working knowledge of finance and accounting
- A highly motivated individual able to work independently and manage numerous projects
- Experience managing and training juniors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team environments and develop/maintain internal and external relationships is critical
- In addition to English, fluency in an Asian language is preferred but not required
- A high level of integrity and standard of professional conduct is essential
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.