Regional Model Oversight and CCAR Retail Risk Lead
The Model/Anlys/Valid Sr Group Mgr manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Develops, enhances, and validates the methods of measuring and analyzing risk, for all risk types including credit, model and regulatory. Also, may develop, validate and strategize uses of loss forecasting, scoring, segmentation models and related policies.
- Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. An integral member of the functional leadership team within Risk Management.
- Manages the entire governance process related to model life cycle, CCAR /DFAST/ICAAP/IFRS9 (aka CCAR related) retail risk control framework.
- Performs self-assessments against regulatory rules, including those to support annual attestations by Citi's senior management.
- Participation in quantitative impact studies and hypothetical portfolios exercises requested by Global / Regional Independent Risk as well as regulators.
- Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Model Risk Management and CCAR related policies, process and practices for Risk management. Translates MRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance for compliance.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structures potential solutions and drives effective resolution with other stakeholders. Provides advice to the businesses on an ongoing basis on new Business initiatives, new products, business acquisitions, and client-related matters with respect to applicability of model and CCAR related policies, resolution of potential red flags or other related escalations.
- Overseeing the identification and assessment of Citi's key MRM and CCAR related execution risks. Ensures model and CCAR related risks within Asia are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitors and measures model risk through a robust control framework and ensures that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Representing Citi on critical regulatory matters as required. Serves as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical Compliance issues and oversees the implementation of related remediation.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years experience
- Highly motivated with attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators (incl. the US) Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .