Regional Project Manager - IBOR Transition Programme (direct contract)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
Identify, contribute, challenge and lead Project Management responsibilities for the region covering the CCIB client engagement activities to achieve the strategic objective of the IBOR Programme i.e. to transition away from LIBOR/IBOR to Alternate Reference Rates as adopted by the regulators. The Role Responsibilities
The role-holder is responsible to lead/support initiatives within the IBOR Transition Programme impacting CCIB clients and GAMs/FAMs/Sales reps, at the same time be the champion on project management activities, driving a value-driven change management approach. A multi-faceted candidate is sought who:
Key responsibilities are
- Demonstrates a dynamic role which can shift between change manager / product owner / project manager / business analyst depending on the regional requirement for CCIB client engagement
- Ensures business needs are well understood and delivered
- Supports/leads project management and change management activities ensuring business readiness
- Leads by example change management best practice on initiatives driven by the CCIB Client Engagement workstream
- Maintains a balanced approach in project management and change delivery that aims to maximise ROI, minimize rework, and ensure solutions are built for the long term
- Raises awareness and understanding of change management best practice (within/beyond the bank)
- Ensures roles and responsibilities defined are observed and hence drive the right level of accountability
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Conduit between the IBOR Central Team, GAMs and FAMs
- Review Client Data Quality and updates when client information may change
- Liaison with the CCIB Outreach Team
- Liaison with GAM / FAM and relevant product sales teams
- Sourcing SME Knowledge (with the IBOR Central Team)
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders and staff.
The candidate must be a self-motivated, proactive and resourceful with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment against an uncertain regulatory back-drop. Additional qualifications:
- Broad understanding of LIBOR/IBOR transition
- Good knowledge of CCIB client requirements
- Experience/knowledge preferred in project and change management principles, approaches, methodologies, tools and phases of the project lifecycle (both Waterfall and Agile)
- Preferably PMP / Agile Project Management;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Visio, and Microsoft Project desirable
- Previous experience working on a regulatory transformation initiative
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Resilient and tenacious, able to deliver amidst ambiguity and tight timelines.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex issues concisely and problem-solving skills
- Able to look at issues holistically and to propose effective solutions that exhibit sound judgment, risk management, and business understanding
- Strong ability to influence people without direct authority
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with cross-functional teams spread across multiple geographies
- Strategic thinker with sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Experience communicating to and influencing a variety of audiences with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills and personalities
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.