- The FAM is the strategic advisor/value add partner to the Client, accountable for the overall client group revenues, profitability and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit). The FAM is responsible for establishing and maintaining an end to end understanding of the client group structure and client needs and steering the client relationship through Account Planning
- Lead the origination and client relationship management for a portfolio of Global Subsidiaries Clients
- Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships.
- Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from 'transactional' reactive client coverage to consistent value-added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients' needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered within region and internationally.
- Bring strategic thought to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed.
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries in which our clients operate
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc.
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- The client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formulation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the IC team
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with IC/CIB standards ie Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified.
- Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Corporate teams
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Hong Kong / Client Coverage / GS to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator [PRA/FCA] prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- Engage with product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening.
- Engage with Client Managers on relevant client account management activities
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- Designated point of contact with GS clients, acting as a trusted advisor/value added partner to clients
- Peers in the Corporate Banking sector
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Hong Kong,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Business - Products and Processes Core
- Sales - Prospecting Core
- Sales - Account Planning Advanced
- Sales - Client Pitching Advanced
- Sales - Relationship Management Advanced
: Training, licenses, memberships and certifications
• University Graduate in Banking or Finance preferred
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills in both English and Cantonese
• Demonstrable and relevant experience in the Corporate Banking industry commensurate with this remit and level of responsibility
• Strong ability to develop a network of target prospects. About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers