Revenue Accountant, Hong Kong, 6 months contract
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, it distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution it brings to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department Overview:
APAC Regional revenue team in Hong Kong is a sub-team under APAC Regional Finance and is responsible for processing sales contract data, issuing sales invoices and posting sales and revenue accounting journal entries for APAC. This team is a regional service centre and provides such services for a number of Fitch offices in APAC countries including Australia, HK, China, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Indonesia. Responsibilities:
This is temporary position to cover the absence of an existing revenue accountant during her maternity leave.
Under the supervision of the team manager, the revenue accountant's roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Receive sales contract passed on from Sales department and review and understand sales terms
- Input/update sales terms in the Contract Management System
- Upon request from Sales department or by other triggering events, issue/credit sales invoices via SAP SD module
- Issue expense recharge invoices for recoverable expenses
- Post necessary revenue and expense recovery accounting journal entries
- Month end revenue closing and reporting
- Communicate with each country's Sales department and/or Finance managers.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 3-4 years of hands on experience in sales/revenue accounting, preferably within multinational corporations.
- Should have basic understanding of accounting entries. Academic background in accounting is a plus.
Application: We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time. To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces when completing your application but do not include them in your CV . We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants. #LI-VC1
- Should be able to use SAP, in particular SAP SD module.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel
- Good command of verbal and written English and Mandarin is essential
- Strong sense of accountability with a commitment to meet business needs and timelines
- Strong self-management ability, in particular, given the work-from-home requirements.
- Should be a team player and be OK with supporting other team members.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work with different parties across different countries via phone and emails.