Risk & Compliance Manager - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , Numéro de Licence EA : 16S8091
- 14 nov. 17 2017-11-14
Newly created role, as this global insurer builds out its governance function to support business growth. Candidates with exposure to “FinTech” / Mobile Apps highly regarded.
Due to continued growth, this global insurer is searching the market for an experienced risk and compliance candidate to their Hong Kong team.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the Hong Kong Office’s compliance with legal and corporate regulations governing the insurer’s licences and other applicable regulations.
- Ensure that the function operates within the approved risk appetite framework and that the appropriate culture, governance and oversight arrangements are in place to manage effectively the risks in the function achieving its objectives.
- Responsible in the reporting of regulatory risks, possible financial crime and illegal activities in Hong Kong office. Ensure risks are appropriately mitigated, effective controls implemented and enforced.
- Ensure compliance with regulations covering but not limited to, customer protection, market conduct of life insurance and funds distribution, prevention of anti money laundering/financial crime.
- Keep up to date on HK regulatory framework and ensure that material changes to the relevant regulations or changes to compliance roles, responsibilities and structures.
- At least 8 years’ experience in financial services industry with at least 3 years in compliance role and managerial role.
- Working experiences in relevant role, i.e., audit and/or financial crime, and/or risk and/or regulatory compliance and/or anti money laundering and counter terrorism financing.
- Working experiences dealing with regulators.
- Proficient in securities dealing business, life business, fund management and fund administration operations, laws and regulations.
- Good knowledge of regulatory risk management, compliance regulations, Hong Kong laws and regulations.
- Understand needs based selling, fact find process, product recommendation, training & competency.
- Good negotiation and inter-personal skills.
- Proficient in Cantonese and English (speaking, reading, typing and writing). Fluency in Mandarin will be an added advantage.