Risk and Regulation Consultant, Banking
We are looking for:
- Have an in depth understanding of the new HKIDR changes made by regulators along with good understanding of HK SFC regulations
- Should be comfortable to communicate with the regulators directly or via the compliance team within the bank
- Ability to interpret regulations and translate them into business implementation along with proper documentation
- Ability to access the impact of the HKMA regulatory changes to the bank and roadmap to implement the changes
- Conduct Gap Analysis to identify the data and system dependency and requirements from an "As-is" state to a "To-be" state.
- Collaborate with business data owners/data stewards to understand their data, data requirements and business context for the regulatory reporting components.
- Interpret, define, map and document conceptual or logical data models based on the Banking Data Warehouse system to the Reporting Tool.
- Prepare Target Operating Model (TOM) for project and ensure that business owners are aware of roles and responsibilities in the processes.
- Discuss with business and IT stakeholders to implement an overall project timeline and ensure deadlines are adhered to, driving the project to a successful Go-Live.
- Interpret and support IT stakeholders on translation of the business requirements, the conceptual, logical or dimensional data model into the physical data model before, during and after IT development and System Integrated Testing (SIT) phase, ensuring consistency and quality of the new attributes coming from the data warehouse related to implementation of new regulation requirements.
- Conduct and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with business stakeholders, assisting to clarify with IT on user queries and raising defects when needed.
- Track status of UAT including test execution status and defects resolution status. Understand and provide solution to blockers if possible, and drive UAT phase to closure by targeted closure dates and successful testing results.
- Drive Project Working Group meetings to discuss project status, progress and open or pending issues.
A seasoned team player with a positive mindset and a keen eye for detail, who can perform well independently and within a group amidst a dynamic and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who can listen to others' suggestions, digest, and produce great ideas together with your team to achieve common goals. You have a passion for Regulatory Reporting, Risk Reporting and Basel calculation for International Banks and FI.
- More than 6 years of experience as a Risk and Regulatory BA who has exposure and soft skills to handle Senior Management level Users and be comfortable in articulating complex issues/solutions to them, while being located at the client's office.
- Conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modeling choices.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders. Excellent command of English to define business terms.
- Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with the Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of core banking systems (e.g T24).
- Knowledge and experience with using Reporting Tools is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Cashflow Model is an added value.
- Knowledge of derivatives and capital market products.
- Knowledge on Risk Modeling, Basel 3/4 is an added value.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookup, Pivot Table).
- Basic Microsoft PowerPoint skills (Tables, Graphs, Charts).