We are looking for high calibre to take up the position of SVP, Head of AML Compliance Governance to join us.
- Supervise a team of AML compliance professionals to perform daily AML/CFT governance function, develop and maintain the AML/CFT control and governance framework including the AML Fintech adoption
- Keep track of changes in local AML/CFT rules and regulations and related corporate policies, coordinate and implement process changes as a result of regulatory/policy updates, maintain and timely update AML policies and processes manuals to be in line with corporate policies as well as the local regulatory requirements
- Lead the AML Fintech adoption and system review/development
- Provide AML compliance consultancy for new product/service development
- Review Policies and Processes Manuals updated by other business and non-business divisions or functions related to AML/CFT procedures
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and regulators relating to AML audits/examinations or ad hoc projects
- Prepare materials and arrange logistics for and participate in AML Committee meetings
- Prepare AML management reports
- Arrange AML trainings on the Bank’s AML/CFT policies, procedures and guidelines to heighten AML/CFT awareness; deliver relevant trainings.
- Degree holder, majored in law or accounting is preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in legal and compliance, with at least 5 years experience in AML compliance in a sizable financial institution and/or regulatory bodies
- Possess good knowledge of banking operations, products and services
- Excellent in multi-tasks handling
- Experience in leading AML Fintech adoption/data improvement projects would be an advantage
- Self-motivated, independent with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good written in both English and Chinese
- Attentive to details, compliance and control oriented, diligent and proactive
Please send your application with both current and expected salary for reference.
Applicants who are not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and their personal data will be retained by the bank for a period up to two years.
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be used strictly in accordance with the bank's personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request.