Sales Representative Asset Servicing
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Northern Trust Company
- 07 juin 18 2018-06-07
Sales Representative Asset Servicing
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
About the role
You will be responsible for selling asset servicing products and services to prospective institutional clients in Greater China, and generating revenue for the bank. In this role you will co-ordinate the responses to requests for proposals and make sales presentations to potential clients, whilst working collaboratively as a team member, cross selling Northern's products and services to new prospects.
Based in Hong Kong or Beijing, this role reports to the Head of Sales, Asia Pacific, and forms part of a dedicated and high profile team.
What you will do
- Leverage your extensive network across Greater China (i.e. China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao) and APAC to sell asset servicing products and services to prospective clients including corporations, institutions, and consultants, generating fee revenue for the bank.
- Keep abreast of laws and regulations affecting products and services.
- Build on Northern Trust's brand and product exposure, by identifying new prospects, researching their potential needs and prioritizing and producing a sales plan, contribute to the Strategic Direction within Asia Pacific.
- You will ensure opportunities are maximized and client needs are exceeded.
- Maintain on-going contact with consultants to make them aware of the Northern's services and products whilst understanding financial or competitor institutions offerings.
- Excellent Sales, Presentation, Negotiation and Relationship Management skills.
- Proven Credibility across Institutional networks within Asia Pacific.
- Detailed Knowledge of Asset Servicing Products and Services.
- Demonstrated success in complex, strategic long cycle sales planning, and identifying/achieving targets.
- Ideally degree educated within an accounting, finance or investments discipline.
- Written and Verbal business competency in Mandarin.
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $139 billion in banking assets
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $10.7 trillion in assets under custody / administration
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
The closing date to apply for this role is 17 th April 2018 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204