Capco Hong Kong is looking for a seasoned Scrum Master to will be working with product downers and business analysts on different banking projects.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. We are experts at delivering end to end Digital solutions and products to our clients while being agile and customer-focused.
We have over 20 offices in Asia, North America and Europe. We are the Swiss Army Knife of the financial services industry, helping our clients deliver projects in areas including: - Banking - Capital Markets - Finance, Risk & Compliance - Insurance - Payments - Wealth & Investment Management - Digital As financial institutions are hit with waves of regulation, cost pressures and the rise of nontraditional competitors, we help our clients simplify complexity to remain relevant. With our deep Financial Services expertise combined with our nimble entrepreneurial values, we think like a start-up and execute like a Multi-National. Through our hands-on consulting expertise, we go beyond strategy. We create target operating models, reduce costs, design digital interfaces, reengineer processes, manage risk and regulatory compliance. Capco Asia Pacific currently operates in four locations – Hong Kong (Asia Headquarters), Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Thailand, with each office conveniently located in the central business district. Our people are passionate about collaborating with our clients to tackle the pressing issues facing Asia’s financial services industry, and we’ve stably grown to over 1,000 people in APAC as a result.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deeply knowledgeable in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
- Manage the projects in a structured and professional manner according to Scrum methodology, coach teams on Scrum
- The Scrum Master will co-ordinate and plan all Scrum events and ensure the agile processes are being followed
- Support of the Product Owner in refining and grooming the Product Backlog to a level which is acceptable for to estimate the level of effort and to deliver
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
- Analyze requirements and define the most efficient/appropriate solutions
- Responsible for being the coordinator and fixer of all issues and ensuring the team can deliver with minimal blockers
- Help drive continual improvement and innovation in the platform and application development process
- Responsible for tracking team progress through backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, etc.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- Be an effective communicator and organizer;
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills: working with product owners, stakeholders, and senior management.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery for large, complex projects
- Experience in the development process for customer-facing applications
- Experience with technical project teams and technical consultants such as Developers and Architects
- Knowhow of quality management and application of quality principles in projects, code, and product quality management
- Comfort with the latest project management tools, for example, JIRA, Confluence
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach an agreement when there are widely- differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members