Senior Analyst - Corporate Advisory Services
- 30k per month +benefits
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 sept. 17 2017-09-25
What’s in it for you:
As a Senior Analyst in the Corporate Advisory Group, you will be providing specialised consulting services to clients across Asia and Europe on Corporate Governance topics to support companies on their Shareholder Meetings, Corporate Actions and M&A transactions.
You will also focus on the part of a global team of experts that advises global companies regularly on transactions as well as special situations in the corporate governance field to assess the potential reaction of their institutional shareholder base.
You will understand the impact of corporate governance and ESG factors on investment management and voting and become a governance specialist in your market.
What you’ll work on:
The position of a Senior Analyst is a multifaceted one that requires verbal communications skills, writing skills, research skills, analytical abilities, and financial acumen. Ipreo provides hands-on training in an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and emphasises client service. The chosen candidate will be experienced in Account and Project Management and ideally possess a comprehensive understanding of the Financial Markets, Securities Trading and especially the Annual and Extraordinary Meeting Solicitation Process as well as managing accounts with various proposal types.
You know what Proxy Advisers are and how the trading and voting process through the securities clearing chain works. You will become an expert in understanding the governance sensitivities of investors and also support our team on Shareholder communications campaigns relating to Merger & Acquisitions as well as contested Shareholder Meetings.
You will work in the team of the regional director who you report to and support with research and reports, while you also work closely with other team members in our global offices to lead projects and ensure all intelligence and data is being collected and prepared for the client advisory part, which you also play a part in
What we look for
- Have a thorough understanding of the institutional Buy side community, Advisory Service Firms and Proxy Voting Rules and Regulations
- The candidate must have and a willingness to reach out to various parties in the corporate and investment communities
- Proficiency in time management and prioritisation skills for tasks depending on requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills applicable to external contacts as well as internal colleagues
- Strong phone skills is essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and multi-tasking abilities
- Cold-calling experience extremely advantageous
- Self-motivating and innovative thinking to enable the team to succeed
- Experience of working in a consulting environment ideally in Investor or Public Relations
- Prefer familiarity with Factset, Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in English, Additional language skills (especially Chinese or Japanese) are advantageous