Senior Application Reliability Engineer
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Senior Application Reliability Engineer with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife Financial is a leading financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. We have provided clients strong, reliable, trustworthy, and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions for more than 150 years.
We are searching a candidate who possesses strong leadership and technical skills to demonstrate problem solving in real-life situations. With the ever-changing IT environment, the candidate would be adaptable and collaborative with cross-functional teams for various challenges. The successful applicant will be involved in supporting our flagship fund platform with stability and high efficiency in mind. The candidate would also possess various experiences to allow further vision in driving forward. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Knowledge of or degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in system development / support and maintenance; experience in system analyst role is a plus
- Strong understanding of programming logic concepts, application analysis and design techniques
- Strong analytical skill and logical thinking which able to identify problematic area in technical troubleshooting
- Experience in incident and problem management and familiar with ITIL
- Experience or familiar with Scrum or Agile methodology
- Experience in Financial Services industry or fund platform is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong collaborator
- Effective communication to articulate technical possibilities
- Fast learner and able to work individually as well as part of a team
- Good understanding of various IT platforms, such as multi-tiers system and micro-services architectures
- Familiar with ticket tracking systems, e.g. ServiceNOW, Jira
- Experience in job scheduling system such as CA
- Experience in coding and debugging programming languages, including but not limited to .NET, NodeJS, Python, Windows batch script
- Experience in RDBMS operations, including MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB
- Familiar with middlewares and DevOps tools, e.g. PCF, AKS, APIGee, Kibana, DEVO, NewRelic
- Experience in BI applications, e.g. Power BI is a plus
- Experience in mutual fund system is preferred
- Experience in working in a regional production support (7x24) model
Our commitment to you
- Key member of the Global Wealth and Asset Management systems application maintenance team
- Responsible for system support and maintenance of internal fund platform and various critical systems, including micro-services
- Support production on-call
- Utilize ticket system to track all support incidents and problems
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation
- Maintain, review and report of metrics and KPIs
- Able to challenge and contribute positive ideas to the team
- Capability to self-motivate, work independently and taking ownership of job responsibilities
- Inspire the team to drive forward
- Ensure system quality, compliance and security controls which conform to company standards
- Provides great customer service experience to assist with troubleshooting software and upstream/downstream data issues
- Work with local & offshore development team to manage application batch runs
- Ensure system stability with effective monitoring and failure prevention
- Identify opportunities for automation, and assist with the development of automation systems to address those opportunities
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Every career at Manulife provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
Learn more about opportunities with us at www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .