Senior Asia Economist - Buy Side - Hong Kong
A leading emerging markets focused global macro hedge fund seeks to add a Senior Asia Economist to the team in Hong Kong. As well as their Hong Kong offices, the firm have offices in London and New York and currently trade in over 70 counties worldwide. The investment approach is underpinned by macroeconomic fundamental research combined with a quantitative twist and are currently trading in a range of asset classes including FX, rates, commodities and derivatives.
In the role you will:
• Be working with the other economists in the team, your primary focus will be China as well as wider Asian counties
• Provide research coverage on key economic and political trends and understand the linkages between different countries in the global economy
• Participate in global investment meetings
• Use econometric tools to analyse the business cycle
• Report directly into the Chief Economist of the firm
What they are looking for:
• A strong macroeconomic background
• Oral and written fluency in English and Mandarin
• A strong work ethic
• Solid knowledge and experience covering Asian markets
• Familiarity with statistical software such as Statistica and SPSS.
This is a senior position and a chance to join one of the world's leading team of economists.