Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Objective:
To support Structured Products settlement and relevant day-to-day operations for Wealth Clients Key Responsibilities:
- Support Equity, Fixed Income and Structured Product under Hong Kong Wealth Management Operations (WMO) to ensure the relevant processing/reporting are properly processed within pre-defined cutoff time and timely escalation for irregular cases detected, if any
- Perform trade checking, life cycle events monitoring and settlement related activities
- To ensure daily operations comply with external/regulatory and internal requirements and the bank's risk management standards
- Liaise with business partners on user requirements, participating and monitoring the UAT status to ensure achieving project timeline. Drive, provide constant updates about the progress of each project and present it accordingly
- To help Team Head to manage and develop people with PRIDE value
- Work with senior business stakeholders to review Wealth Management Operations related service concerns, system and related service level
- Has strong analytic views to review each operation flow and incident with detailed root cause analysis, including a logical mindset to delivering an end-to-end process
- Manage the trade booking and settlement flow of daily operations relating to Equity and Structured products including but not limit to OTC products ELD, ELI, ELN, Option, EQ/FX AQDQ., FX/Interest Derivatives, Commodities etc., to ensure the correctness of trade booking and settlement without delay and follow up failed trades, if any, till settlement.
- Provide Mark to Market pricing review of all asset classes
- Monitor to ensure tasks completeness by end of day for the team.
- Investigate and resolve any exception or break
- Manage the funding with custodian/nostro-banks for all investment products including trade settlement.
- Arrangement of Account opening/closure and maintenance of authorized signatories for the custodian account where appropriate.
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliation of books and records, fail trades and settlement for Structured products related positions.
- Regularly review the workflows for driving process improvement for the team.
- Regularly review the workflows for SOPs update
- Manage the team to meet the pre-defined productivity and KPI target.
- To participate Equity, MTM, Structured Products/Fixed Income related projects, UAT and ad-hoc assignment where appropriate
- To ensure daily trade booking /settlement/ life cycle events and relevant processing are completed properly within pre-defined deadline
- To ensure no internal and external audit issues to be raised
- To meet MTK target in order to enhance the team efficiency consistently
- To maintain good teamwork spirit / morale
- To consistently enhance team performance
- To build good relationships with business partners for all aspects of back-end supports
- To escalate any issue to Team Manager's attention in timely manner
- Degree holder, preferably in banking and finance
- Investment Products knowledgeable with 5 years hands-on experience on Equity, Fixed Income/Structured Products and relevant operation supports who should also have people management experience for at least 1 year.
- Private banking knowledge is preferable. Digital mindset and experience in Avaloq would be an advantage
- Excellent Investment Product knowledge, especially on structured products with equity, fixed income, interest rate and FX underlying
- Knowledge on regulatory requirement for investment products settlement, understanding of accounting concept, trade settlement & process re-engineering
- Strong awareness on operation risks and controls mindset with strong market operation knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skill with great team spirits to work with various key stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving and organizing skills
- Proactive and think out of the box, suggest new ideas to improve daily process