Senior Consultant, Wealth, Hong Kong (Korean Speaker)
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Mercer Hong Kong
- 18 mars 19
We are currently seeking a Senior Wealth Consultant, to support in driving growth and carry out client delivery services for our Korean business. The role will be based in Hong Kong and will report to senior Wealth leaders in Hong Kong, but with travel requirements within Asia to support the Korean and Hong Kong business development team as a technical individual and project manager.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for executing consulting projects in respect of Korean clients in accordance with Mercer quality standards, peer review requirements and SFC and FSS requirements.
- Client projects will be focused on investment related matters: include investment governance reviews and framework designing, portfolio construction for short-term and long-term investment strategies, manager selection across traditional and alternative asset classes and ongoing performance/risk monitoring reporting.
- Be responsible client services focusing on Korea investments business by actively coordinating with various parties in the organization.
- Provide market-related views to support business initiatives for growth, this will include awareness of market developments and regulatory changes that can alter the fundamental landscape of our core business. Collaborate with to implement ideas and support their queries.
- Required to monitor and manage junior project team and delegate efficiently. Key performance indicators would include demonstrating the delivery of projects efficiently and growing team’s competencies and capabilities in parallel.
- Propose and lead business initiatives, whether under revenue generation, growth, transformation, operational efficiency and cost management objectives.
- Provide senior management reporting across all the activities you are responsible for.
- Lead client consulting and client services work. Lead business initiatives.
- Organize and complete projects efficiently to high standard and high client satisfaction while demonstrating professional judgment in seeking assistance, discussing ideas and resolving issues.
- Delegate to analysts and junior consultants to produce technical material for client projects and to support development of project proposals, business plan for a new service or product or a large account management strategy.
- Understand and apply appropriate Mercer methods and tools (or recognized equivalent) in completing assignments. In particular, to ensure compliance of team members to regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance to junior team members and review their work. There is also opportunity for people management responsibility depending on the candidate’s interest and passion to nurture junior members.
- Build relationships with colleagues outside primary area of expertise to gain perspective across Wealth, Health and Career services.
- Familiar with the players in the investment advisory and investment management industry in Korea, to the extent of being able to connect Korea business development team with senior decision-makers in the industry, contribute to the prospecting efforts as well as leading delivery of any engagement.
- Good understanding with well-developed experiences of the Korea investment market and regulatory environment for onshore and offshore investment advisory and investment management industry.
- Track record of consistently strong communication with clients and internal stakeholders, demonstrate evidence of strong analytical and technical skills in relation to first principles calculation of key investment risk metrics, familiarity with systems such as Bloomberg terminals. Ability to articulate complex and technical information to laypeople and also experienced financial professionals, and guide stakeholders towards a consensus and/or decision.
- Able to motivate and influence the quality of teamwork, and align to Mercer vision and culture for diversity and inclusion. Key performance indicators include feedback from project team members and overall team engagement scores. Expected to combined “book learning” with “on the job” learning
- Completed or close to completing professional qualifications in investment, actuarial or other major financial areas.
- Good academic track record in numerical subjects such as Mathematics, Finance (Accounting/Management/Behavioral), Actuarial Sciences, Engineering and so on. Although track record in terms of experience and quality of references will be equally important.
- Work experience: 7- 10 years of industry experience, welcoming candidates from asset management, investment advisory (e.g. IFA, family offices), insurance, financial services, in-house investment teams, bankinig and consulting.
- Language requirements: Strong English and native Korean (verbal and written capabilities), Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) would be an added benefit.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.