Senior Credit Controller, 5 months contract
- Hong Kong
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Resource Solutions
- 22 janv. 18 2018-01-22
See job description
The Credit Documentation Control team is a dedicated Operating Line within our prestigious client’s Corporate and Investment Banking Financing Solution. Its function is to monitor, control and report on the risks taken by CIB on Corporates, independent from the business lines, applied on the entire Front to Back Credit Chain – from Front Office support to ITO Servicing.
Our team performs credit control independent from the business lines for the corporates portfolio in line with the global core missions and direction of ITO COO to ensure:
• Guarantee the conformity of the authorisations & collaterals/guarantees put in place with the credit decisions made
• Ensure the management and integrity of risk data input into Risk systems used in the control and reporting of credit/counterparty risk
• Guarantee that credit/counterparty risks taken by the Bank are monitored correctly
• Contribute to or provide appropriate risk reporting information as required by Business, Risk, Bank Management (for those reporting only available in local systems)
• Mandate on Financial Institutions and Banks is restricted to Financing Lines
• Global Market Line excess monitoring related to Corporate is managed/controlled by Risk
It is important to note that we are responsible in defining standard control framework and making sure that those controls are performed all along the credit chain. However, all entity/department in this chain are fully responsible of their processes and organization – with the Credit Documentation Control team acting as contributor.
• To perform control for a portfolio as assigned by the Management from time to time:
• Act as the main point of contact for Credit Documentation Control within the Risk Corporate scope for legal documentation matters
• Ensure timely and accurate update of guarantor and guarantee risk data after credit decisions
• Documentation control to ensure that terms & conditions of Facility Documents conform to credit decision and legal requirement
• Validate fulfilment of conditions precedent, control limit availability in systems (Atlas II and CAT) in conformity to credit decisions and documentations, follow up on condition subsequent, documents/temporary waiver
• Validate the framework of required covenants in the ‘Covenant Manager’ tool, against executed credit agreements*
• Certify/validate the risk data integrity of risk data related to Guarantors and guarantee records
• Regularly report and monitor any anomalies* in legal documentation, collateral shortfall, overdue or breached covenants, underwriting, put option expiry, watchlist and doubtful assets for quarterly WL and DD Committee (* shared responsibility with the Risk Control Team)
• Alert Risk Corporate, Business Head and Management on any indication of drift of risk profile during the control missions
• Contribute to successful delivery of systems and control reports enhancement with adequate UATs
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System and direct contribution to the bank’s operational permanent control framework
• Promote and contribute to the implementation of a common culture and approach, and promote individual initiative, autonomy and versatility
• Close liaison with partner at Risk Control Team to ensure a seamless, one-voice with accountability.
• Contribute to ad-hoc or temporary assignments/projects, back up job, or job rotation under management directives
• Minimum 5 years of paralegal experience or relevant experience with an international bank in the area of facility documentation vetting.
• Degree holder or equivalent qualification in Banking, Finance, Company Secretary, Management Studies or Law will be an added advantage.
• Experience in the banking/finance sector is necessary
• Good understanding of Financial products
• Good understanding of risk concepts and methodologies
• Knowledge of credit processes
• Good understanding of transaction workflows and booking concept
• Being familiar with relevant local regulations
• Strong technical skills in documentation with solid experience in vetting bilateral, syndication, plain vanilla, structure finance, project loan type facility documentation
• Has full ownership of the portfolio assigned, and be accountable for regular process of day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject expertise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Written and oral fluency in English and local language is necessary.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and time-management skills whilst having autonomy and capacity to take initiative.
• Capacity to remain objective and independent in order to fulfil the control role required
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
To be considered for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.