Senior Credit Risk Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 08 nov. 17 2017-11-08
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Credit Risk Manager.
In this role, you will
- Be the primary source of contact for local Wholesale Credit Risk and business teams in those areas
- Reviewing, recommending and approving corporate credit proposals from these areas in accordance with delegated lending authority, including transactional requests.
- The promotion of prudent lending principles to ensure strong asset quality and to minimise credit losses.
- Maintain sound credit quality in line with the Group's core credit culture.
- A thorough understanding of Group Risk policy and Country Risk Plans, and how these can be aligned with the business strategy is essential.
- Be fully conversant with the relevant financial, credit and regulatory constraints such as Single Borrower’s Limits, cross border exposure limits and industry caps.
- Ensure that all applications are processed within agreed service level timeframes.
- Proactively identify and highlight emerging risk issues.
- Maintain a good overview and understanding of Global Market risk issues.
- For Global Markets structured derivative products, the job holder must ensure that the product is appropriate, the customer’s payment ability is stress tested against the maximum downside scenario and that the customer suitability test is rigorously applied.
- Identify operational risk issues, and proactively suggest means by which they can be addressed.
- Ensure lending decisions are in line with HSBC's Sustainability Risk guidelines, and that reputational risks are avoided.
- Working with local Wholesale Credit Risk team, the job holder has responsibility to ensure that the required monitoring of the use of local limits of authority is strictly implemented and that there are no instances where local authorities are exceeded.
- Provide advice and guidance to sites during the preparation of draft Country Risk Plans
- Maintain a strong relationship with Country Heads of Wholesale Credit and Market Risk, Heads of Business Lines and relationship teams.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- The ideal candidate should be experienced in corporate credits
- Being a client facing relationship manager would be an advantage
- Conversant with various types of credit facilities and their inherent credit risks.
- Experience in balancing credit risk perspective while taking into the commercial perspective into consideration.
- The candidate should possess good communication skill
- Can could conduct meaningful and constructive discussion with stakeholders on issues arising from credit applications at times when the discussion issues are less welcome by the Business be able to communication must be clear and convincing.
- Candidate is expected to be a quick learner and contribute to the team straight away
- Able to work under pressure.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009Z1S
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited