Local Knowledge Global Resources Specialist Consultants
- New York
- Hong Kong
Senior DCM Legal Counsel
Location: Hong Kong
I am recruiting on behalf of a multinational financial services business for a mid-level/senior lawyer to join their team as the primary coverage lawyer for the capital markets business, as replacement for the existing lawyer who has completed their internal secondment to Hong Kong.
This role will:
•Provide legal advice and transaction execution support (including due diligence support, as required) on debt capital markets related matters
•Provide assistance in relation to the debt capital markets business on regulatory changes in Asia
•Instruct and supervise external counsels and other third parties in consultation with the capital markets team on capital market transactions, including managing costs of such parties
• Advise on and manage debt and equity capital markets transactions in Asia for transactions originatedby our Hong Kong, Singaporeand Sydney offices,including (a) preparing, reviewing, negotiating and approving the relevant legal documentation, (b) monitoring, identifying and advising on legal risks in connection with capital markets transactions, (c) participating in due diligence, (d) facilitating in discussions with internal parties as well as external parties,namely, stock exchange,regulators, and third parties on transactions to mitigate legal and reputational risk as well as ensuring satisfactory documentation
• Liaise with clients,external lawyers, stock exchanges, trustees, fiscal agents, accountants, printers and other transaction parties on the capital markets transactions
• Advise various internal committees on legal risks in respect of any capital markets related matters
• Monitor and advise on regulatory changes in Asia which are relevant to the Capital Markets business
• Participate in internal committee(s) / working group(s) on regulatory changes
• Provide holiday cover for other member(s) of the Legal Department where needed
• Undertake ad hoc projects at the request of the Head of Legal
Skills and experience:
To be considered for this role you will be a Hong Kong / English / Australian/ US qualified lawyer with 8+ years post qualification experience with solid debt capital market transactions experience
You should be able to demonstrate experience at a magic circle or a top-tier Hong Kong or English law firm and/or in-house experience in banks / financial institutions in Asia are preferred
You must be able to read/write/speak fluent English. Local language (Cantonese and Mandarin) language skills are preferred but not mandatory.
For suitably qualified candidates our client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package as well as excellent opportunities for career advancement.