Senior Director/Director, Asia Lead - IT and Data Protection
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
The IT and Data Protection Lead is a key position within the Asia Information Technology and Operations Controls Governance team.
The function sits within Manulife's line 1b of defense
- where we align with leadership to set the risk culture, support IT and Ops in identifying and mitigating risks at scale, and provide a common view and narrative of key risks to enable business discussions. We help business units to ensure uninterrupted BAU on a day-to-day basis by effectively managing their information and operational risks. To achieve this, we need to ensure success in maintaining internal controls and liaison with Manulife's line 2 of defense that owns Manulife control policies and standards.
The goal of this position is to sustainably deploy the IT and Data Protection program across the region. The successful candidate will manage a small team providing in-depth analysis, subject matter expertise and coordination across a broad range of critical areas such as: vulnerability management, application security, data leakage protection and unstructured data management. Responsibilities:
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Establish approaches and framework to support the sustainable implementation of IT and Data protection control enhancements across Asia
- Provide ad-hoc advise, subject matter expertise and hands-on support to the Business Unit Security Officers
- Advocate Asia requirements and priorities within global working groups
- Own key KRIs and work with the appropriate teams so that targets are met, as needed
- Coach and support Business Unit Security Officers and more junior team members and other stakeholders
- Overall effectiveness and continuous improvement of the IT and Data Protection program
- Champion Manulife's IT and Data Protection standards and practices
- Strategy and execution of overall Asia Technology and Operations Controls Governance program
- Effectiveness of IT and Data protection controls
Core Competencies and Skills:
- University graduate with minimum 10 years solid experience in risk and controls
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management program for a financial organization
- Experience in Regional role is advantageous
- Experience in the financial services is preferred
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Hands on expertise in several of the following areas, and ability to quickly get up to speed on the others: Application Security, Patching, Hardening, Data Leakage Protection, Unstructured Data Management, Network Security, Data Life-cycle Management
- Strong stakeholder and people management skills; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes through strong verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to influence senior leaders and inspire and train more junior team members
- Deep understanding of risks and how they can impact the business
- Self-driven, able to meet aggressive objectives with a minimal amount of managerial oversight
- Can distill complex issues into simple reports, solutions, and designs
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written, proficiency in other Asian language would be a plus.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.