Senior Engineer, DevOps
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with our development and product teams in our fast-paced delivery environment
Our Ideal Candidate
- Build a modern, automated, cloud native, continuously delivered distributed system
- Build and Manage DevOps pipeline for multiple projects and teams
- Knowledge of technology best practices for building a modern automated devops platform
- Good understand of technologies and experience in building a highly scalable and fault tolerant system
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
- DevOps toolchain experience: JIRA, Bitbucket (GIT), CircleCI, Draft, Brigade, Jenkins X, Artifactory etc.
- Configuration and continuous deployment tools experience - Ansible or SaltStack or Chef or Puppet.
- Strong scripting skills - Python and Bash.
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience - Google Cloud, Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure with Hashicorp Terraform and/or Spinnaker.
- Container Management and container orchestration experience - Docker, Kubernetes.
- Monitoring tools Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Good practical knowledge with SQL and NoSQL DB, PostgreSQL and Cassandra.
- Strong knowledge in messaging systems like Kafka or Solace or RabbitMQ or AWS Kinesis.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX and TCP/IP Subnet.
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Practical knowledge with Git flow, Trunk and GitHub flow branching strategies.
- Strong English communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.