Senior Finance Manager - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 08 nov. 17 2017-11-08
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Finance Manager.
In this role, you will
- Rollout standardized processes and procedures for the reconciliation and substantiation of different category of balance sheet assets and liabilities.
- Establish and maintain a robust control around the monthly General Ledger account ownership processes. Ensures procedures are designed effectively and operate robustly to meet internal and external audit expectations. Responsible for reviewing and monitoring adequacy of internal control over general ledger and assessing its effectiveness for the functional area within scope. Work with all stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate control monitoring over ledger activities.
- Conduct independent review to ensure that accounts are appropriately reconciled and substantiated. Escalate major issues and risks to the appropriate level of authorities on a timely basis.
- Conduct remediation and then perform stakeholders education, alongside with a constant improvement of the process involved.
- Engage with global balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation team
- Deal with General Ledger accounts owners.
- Liaise with Business Risk and Control Management and SOX teams, and internal and external auditors.
- Collaboration across Financial Control and Global Finance Operations with a culture of One Team.
- Develop and implement efficiencies across scope of responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Experienced Financial Services finance professional.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, or CIMA.
- In depth understanding of and involvement in all aspects of Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation processes at large financial services institutions.
- Proven track record of migrating financial control type functions and tasks to offshore centres.
- Subject matter expertise in financial accounting and reporting.
- Understands and anticipates strategic implications from financial accounting.
- A high level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around financial accounting procedures, control, risk management and quality assurance.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business.
- Understanding of the Group global strategies and collaborates with the business to accomplish these strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009ZC6
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited